Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on this sport coat

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
This is a vintage Ralph Lauren sport coat I've had my eyes on. It's the closest thing to 1930s style (that fit me and I can afford) I've seen on eBay so far. What I want to know from you knowledgeable folks is can it pass for 1930s? Looking at the lapels, the shoulders, the cut, the tweed, the pleated back etc, and if you didn't know it was Ralph Lauren, would you say this was 1930s?

If you guys say this is a faithful reproduction, I'm definitely buying it. I want to be as close to the look of the 1930s as I possibly can. Since I have yet to find a genuine vintage piece in that size/price range, reproductions will have to do, so I want to make sure they're period accurate copies.
s-l1600.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
Check the thrift stores. Even make day trips outside the city where you live. If you're a skinny guy you should be able to find good stuff. Punch in thrift store in Google maps and plan a route. That way your not driving in circles wasting time. You can make one circle and hit everything

VintageEveryday

A-List Customer
I think it looks great 2 by the way
thanks. and I've been doing that for years :p. Only problem is, I haven't found any real 1930s-40s sport coats, or anything from the 60s or 70s that was similar enough to pass for 30s-40s. And i'm seeing everybody on here with genuine vintage pieces and all I'm thinking is "how??? where do they find these things??" I'm also broad chested and tall, so i fit anywhere from 42-46 depending on the coat.

so your answer is yes, it can at least 75% pass for a 1930s sport coat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko