Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Davenport

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Well, my Christmas trip to Optimo has paid off. May I present to you all, my Dove Gray Optimo Davenport (and some guy's bird)
Davenport1-vi.jpg

Davenport2-vi.jpg

Davenport3-vi.jpg

I'm very happy with how it turned out! I love how tall the crown is(keep in mind that I'm 6'5" and the ribbon is 2"). I'm still playing around with the bash so I'm sure it will change with time.

Here's a couple more:

Davenport4-vi.jpg

DavenportInside-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking and for all the advice before I bought it.
PBG

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Ya know....you're a pretty big guy....LOL Great looking lid man, I'm jealous. One of these days, I shall own a widebrimmed, high crowned grey fedora....but until then....well....I won't own one :p Well, once again, Great lid, PBG.

Regards, Daryl.

Dalexs

Practically Family
You know, that second picture almost looks like the hat in
Matt Deckard's old profile picture. Very nice.
(I may have to cash out one of my 401k's soon!)

Dalexs

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow

It is nice to see the face of the "handle" we all post. I can compliment you , and Optimo, on the balance and scope of the hat. It is one of my favorite colors. You rightly so opted for the taller crown, and just the right size brim. SPLENDID is the word I have for you.

And BTW I assume it is the Lightweight Felt?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And another thing, Mr.!!!!

I also like the look of your glasses, the BIRD and the whole package. You seem like you should drive out to California and visit Art and I for a "Northern California Wine Tasting".

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Re: Wow

Originally posted by Andykev
It is nice to see the face of the "handle" we all post. I can compliment you , and Optimo, on the balance and scope of the hat. It is one of my favorite colors. You rightly so opted for the taller crown, and just the right size brim. SPLENDID is the word I have for you.

And BTW I assume it is the Lightweight Felt?
Coming from someone so well versed in the subject of hats, that is a compliment! It just goes to show that making the trip to see Graham & Kevin was definately worth my time. After I tried on the Mitchum style, the Davenport was the first one Graham suggested. He certainly knows his stuff.
The Dove Gray is actually a heavyweight felt, although it doesn't feel very heavy compared to me Peters Bros. "bulletproof".

Originally posted by Andykev I also like the look of your glasses, the BIRD and the whole package. You seem like you should drive out to California and visit Art and I for a "Northern California Wine Tasting".[/B]
Thanks for all the compliments! You're going to make me blush! I dwell down here in Long Beach, but my gal's family resides in the Fresno area. Maybe the next time we head up there (which shouldbe soon) we can work out a get together?
As for you other fellows, my best regards. This round is on me.
PBG

havershaw

Practically Family
You got yourself a winner. I like your specs, too.

And you get extra bonus cool points for the Hudsucker Proxy quote. I don't know if it was always there or not - but I just noticed it. One of my all-time favorite movies, ever.

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
Great hat!

That is one fine looking lid.

You chose wisely. That is a very good color. Your not limited as to what you can wear it with.

OPTIMO keeps proving they are one of the best if not THE BEST hat maker these days. Every time we look at one of their hats displayed here it just fuels the desire to get another one.

Is the Fedora Lounge like their advertizing agency or what??????
I am sure they have gotten a lot of business due to the Fedora Lounge and COW.

Again, great hat!!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Re: Great hat!

Congratulations on a very fine and good looking lid amigo.

Originally posted by Pen Collector
Is the Fedora Lounge like their advertizing agency or what??????
I am sure they have gotten a lot of business due to the Fedora Lounge and COW.

I know! I am still waiting for the commission check.....of hat(s).;)

Rundquist

A-List Customer
That?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a beauty. Congratulations. Optimo let?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s their hats do the talking once again. May they be around for a long, long time. Cheers

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Now that's what I'm talkin about PBG, my kind of fedora my friend. It's been a while since I have heard from you, not since the QM summit last year. Remember the night at Bucannon Arms, excuse the spelling on that. I look forward to seeing that lid when I make my way out there this year.:cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto