Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Sky Line

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Has anybody here seen a hat or a large swatch of the new Sky Line color? Lately, I've been pondering getting a new hat in this color. My little swatch looks like it has some blue and brown in it.

Any opinions out there?

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Interesting. I wonder what style he got.

I was thinking of getting a Homburg or Park Avenue in it, but I wanted to get an idea of the color of it.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Sorry for not posting pics of it yet. My buddy at work that normally snaps my pictures is on vacation. I'm not clever enough to use a timer :rolleyes:. It's a killer color. It's really rich (richer than the phantom blue). I'll see if I can get some pics up early next week. Cheers

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Zohar
Terrific to hear that. What color would you say it is? Black, brown, blue?

Indoors it almost looks gray. Outdoors it looks dark blue with a hint of Aqua. Phantom blue is a great color, but oddly enough it looks washed out when placed next to the skyline. Just don't place them next to each other :p . I'll post pics of both next to one another on Monday. Cheers

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
The skyline blue is a GREAT color! I just visited Optimo on the 23rd of Dec and Kevin was wearing his new one. Very sharp. I can see myself getting one in the future.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
PBG, what was your experience in their shop like? I'm hoping to visit there sometime in the future myself, but may have to wait till next fall.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Here is my Skyline Blue ?¢‚Ǩ?ìMitchum?¢‚Ǩ? Optimo hat along with a few pics of my Phantom Blue for comparison. You?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll have to excuse the faces; the sun was in my eyes. Cheers

PS- Some of you might have noticed that although my Skyline is a Mitchum block, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s creased differently than my Satin finish Silver Mitchum.

P1010003-vi.jpg

P1010004-vi.jpg

P1010005-vi.jpg

P1010008-vi.jpg

P1010009-vi.jpg

P1010010-vi.jpg

P1010011-vi.jpg

P1010012-vi.jpg

Sergei

Gone Home
Wow, the felt looks rich and dense. Is the skyline like a dark grey? I like the side shots on the bow side. Those shots should be in a catalog.

-S

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That is an awesome looking lid.

In those pictures, on my monitor, it makes the SkyLine look black, and the Phantom Blue looks like a more muted black. I'm going to check them out on another monitor tomorrow, in case this one is on the fritz.

The Mitchum block looks terrific with your face shape. In my opinion, your Bel Air Montecristi, and this new Sky Line Mitchum are the perfect hats for your face shape. They look very sharp.

My hat's off to you, buddy.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Thanks guys. This is the first heavyweight Optimo that I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve gotten and I have to say that I dig it a lot. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a different animal from their lightweights. What keeps bringing me back to Optimo (besides their great work and materials) is that they offer many styles that you just don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t see anymore these days. Cheers

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Very sharp Rundquist!
That hat looks just like the one Kevin was wearing. Did you get the same color combination? I like the color combo of the skyline but crease of your Phantom Blue.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Man I just can't decide.

Skyline Blue
Nutria (sort of pebble color)
Cavanagh Tan

Decisions, decisions ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member