Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordered a new Aero jacket today 10 years after my first Aero purchase

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gents,

I'm truly excited right now... 10 years ago I ordered my first Aero jacket - an Aero NYPD jacket in black front quarter chromexcel horsehide, which I still have and wear in memory of my police chief grandfather, and now today I ordered what will be my second new Aero jacket purchase.

In these 10 years a lot has happened that has made me stronger and love life even more... I survived more heart-related surgeries, survived a cancer scare, acquired young onset Parkinson's Disease 7 years ago at the age of only 39 to now represent the USA for table tennis as history's first athlete to actively compete with Parkinson's on the Olympic level. A few months back I made history winning my first medals at the World Table Tennis Championships - silver and bronze, and I became a Hollywood actor, acting in my first movie last year, acting in my next movie in April and walking the red carpet in Hollywood this fall at the world premiere of my first movie from last year, "Attack of the Unknown".

Which now leads me to my Aero leather jacket purchase today, which was needed so I could walk that red carpet in my own style, while proudly representing our FedoraLounge family.

This was my first time working with Carrie to place my order, and I'm beyond happy with the experience. I had forgotten how much fun (and challenging) it is to figure out what Aero leather jacket to choose and customize, and while I won't reveal my choice of style as I plan on combining the features of 2 Aero jackets to make my "Hollywood" jacket, I will say that I struggled with choosing the color, which was a toss up between cherry FQHH and Battered Tan HH. In the end, I have decided to go with Battered Tan as this would really suit my skin complexion, and I already own another red leather jacket, so I figured I'd try something different this time.

Finding a thread color that gives the most contrast on battered tan horsehide has been another challenge for me. If any of you have pictures of battered tan horsehide with light tan stitching, I'd love to see how that color combination looks.

As for my movie acting and table tennis playing... my goal isn't fame or stardom. My goal and hope is to inspire people to not let their struggles stop them from pursuing and achieving their dreams in life, and it all starts with having a positive attitude. :)

Happy Friday and have a great weekend in the best of health!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Navin, good to hear you are doing so well. I do recall your posts many years back and had been wondering every now and then how you were doing. No clue how I missed out on your last thread about the Windward.

You have me interested in what style or combinations of styles you have picked for this new jacket. Looking forward to see it. As for battered tan, I think it's a great choice. @HoosierDaddy owns a Teamster in that hide and I do like that one very much.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Navin, good to hear you are doing so well. I do recall your posts many years back and had been wondering every now and then how you were doing. No clue how I missed out on your last thread about the Windward.

You have me interested in what style or combinations of styles you have picked for this new jacket. Looking forward to see it. As for battered tan, I think it's a great choice. @HoosierDaddy owns a Teamster in that hide and I do like that one very much.

Great to see you on here, Brother! My apologies for being away for so long... doing that in the long run probably saved me money in not buying more jackets, lol. Yeah, I've seen Van's Teamster... beautiful jacket and color. I also saw Cooperson's Battered Tan jacket which looked amazing on him as well. :)

Sounds like you’ve earned a new jacket for sure!

Thanks Brother! :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Navin
Carrie talked me into going with olive thread on my battered tan Teamster. I think it compliments that hide nicely.
HD

Thanks Van! I've seen pics of the olive thread contrast stitching on the battered tan horsehide and it looks fantastic but for what I'm doing for my jacket, olive unfortunately isn't enough contrast and Carrie agrees with me as well. I'm thinking the light tan thread color will be what I'll need to use, but was hoping someone here might have used that thread color on battered tan HH so I could possibly see pics. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB