Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering a 30's Half Belt Aero for the first time

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, there aren't many of us these days that have Rudie's build, alas. I'm slowly being able to cinch my halfbelt in, though...

Tomek

New in Town
I think it is time to update this thread with some new information...

Actually, I changed my mind recently after having perused the Lounge, and I decided to opt for a Bootlegger Aero Jacket, but with a 30's Halfbelt trim fit, as I didn't want a roomier cut for my future Bootlegger.

So, after a couple of e-mails with Holly, this is what I got in terms of custom orders :

- 30’s cut – size 40
- Bootlegger design
- 25” for sleeves
- 25.5” for back length
- brown FQHH

I asked for 2 panels - arms, but Holly replied to me that this kind of customization was not possible and I will have to go with the usual 3 panels - arms.

And now the long wait (6 months !) is about to begin... if there is no further delay, the jacket will be delivered just on time for summer :)

Edward

Bartender
It does sound a lot like the spec for the PB, doesn't it? There have been a few custom here and there over the years. Despite the button cuffs, my Bootlegger is still in essence a 50s HB with an alternative front, but I know of at least one thirtie halfbelt with a Bootlegger front that was done years ago. Notg sure how the "premium fit" is in relation to the 30s HB; the former sounds to me like the fabled "Japanese fit" that has been talked about for years. They like things a lot slimmer in that market, probably because Japanese men tend to be somewhat slimmer than their Western counterparts, on average. I've even seen a Lewis Lightening cut in a very slim fit, apprently destinedc for the Japan market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner