Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering an Akubra from Everything Australian

Kodiak

A-List Customer
I guess you could say I'm in the market for a new hat, if at all possible an Akubra Stockman to use as a beater once I sell my Resistol hat which is too small for my head. I found a Stockman at Everything Austalian for the cheapest I've seen in awhile. Has anybody ordered from them? Did you have a good experience with them? Would I be wiser to spend the extra cash to buy from David Morgan and save shipping?

Once again, opinions please.

Thanks,
-Kodiak

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i ordered my akubra from www.hatsdirect.com and they were very fast in shipping...sharpetoys told me that if you don't see something, write to them and they will let you know if they can get it.

they were very good in communication with me, too...

mark the shoeshine boy

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Not sure about EA

I haven't dealt with them, personally, but as far as ordering from Australia in general, you'll save money even with the higher shipping because the hats are much better priced. If Hats Direct has the Stockman I can testify for their excellent service.
NB

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Not-Bogart13 said:
I haven't dealt with them, personally, but as far as ordering from Australia in general, you'll save money even with the higher shipping because the hats are much better priced. If Hats Direct has the Stockman I can testify for their excellent service.
NB

Several buddies of mine have ordered from Hatsdirect, but they don't list the Stockman. I'll have to contact them about it. They actually offered to get me a special-ordered Territory, but I decided not to purchase it.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Good for Me

I purchased an Akubra Territory from them about a year ago. It came squashed about 2". They promptly replaced with free shipping and a big Akubra box. I am very satisfied and would order from again. I agree about the pricing and shipping statement. Just my 25 cents

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Ordering Akubras from Down Under

I have purchased about 10 Akubras from Australia and one from David Morgan over the years and it is definitely cheaper to get one from them. As for service, all the various vendors that I have dealt with are very reliable and honest.

Hats Direct is the best known on this forum but the others are just as good service wise. They do not all carry the same models so you have to surf all the suppliers to get the best price.

jeboat:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Dick Tracy said:
I have purchased four Akubras from Hatsdirect. They are fast, reliable, and serviceable. Plus they have great prices.

Their customer service is great. I emailed them last night and they responed within about ten minutes, which I consider very good. They can get the hat I want on a special order, but I have decided to check prices with Everything Australian before I order.

Thanks,
-Kodiak

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I can't say anything about Everything Australian (though I know I've heard of plenty of folks having good luck with them), but my experience with Hats Direct has been absolutely top-notch.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... ditto that

Atomic Glee said:
I can't say anything about Everything Australian (though I know I've heard of plenty of folks having good luck with them), but my experience with Hats Direct has been absolutely top-notch.

I recieved a hatsdirect order from down under faster than many others that were simply being shipped within the US. I couldn't praise them or their products too highly.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In know this topic came up a little while ago about the favouritism the lounge has for certain stores and hat maker's. If you do a search you can find good reviews about Everything Australian, I know I have not read anything bad about them. I can recommend Hatsdirect being I now have five hats from them. Two of them being special orders. It takes about three months to get in, if it is not one they normally carry. I know most have dealt with them to get a "Federation" being they are the only company to carry's that line.
Johnny

Kodiak

A-List Customer
riccardo said:
Hi to all,
HatsDirect and Valley Country...great source for Akubra hats...this is my thought.
Regards.
Riccardo

Does anybody have info on shipping from Valley Country? They seem to have a slightly lower price than some others...

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Kodiak,

Depending on the hat, Everything Australian tends to be a little less expensive than Valley Country. I'm sure they're all fine, with slight variences in price that may be off set by slight variences in shipping or availabilty. Don't over do the due diligence or your head will be forever bare. :)

Kodiak

A-List Customer
jake_fink said:
Kodiak,

Depending on the hat, Everything Australian tends to be a little less expensive than Valley Country. I'm sure they're all fine, with slight variences in price that may be off set by slight variences in shipping or availabilty. Don't over do the due diligence or your head will be forever bare. :)

Yeah, I've been through this before, when I bought my Indy fedora. As I said, Hatsdirect can special order the Stockman and Jenny Nethercote (who I've dealt with) is extremely helpful so I think I'll just go with them. Why not. Thanks for the help.

-Kodiak

Russ

One of the Regulars
Everything Australian is a great hat seller as is Hats Direct. I've bought hats from both, and the communication and service and prices were very good in both cases. I've ordered over 20 Akubras in the past from several different vendors, and have had no problems with any of them.

ledsled

One of the Regulars
2 thumbs up for Everything Australian

My order from Everything Australian went flawlessly and had nice touches like a letter personally signed by the owner and a kangaroo leather fob... but the thing that REALLY impressed me was that they taped every square inch of the box with wide, clear packing tape. I assume it was done for strength, to help waterproof it, and perhaps to make it more readily evident is someone opened it prior to delivery. I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Shel

New in Town
Everything Australian

Does anyone have any experience or comments on Everything Australian? I ordered a hat on 11/30/2008. My credit card was charged on 12/2/08. Since then, I sent 2 emails asking for the status of the order, with no response to date. I understand the order can take a number of weeks to ship from Australia to NY, but their customer service is the worst. Is it just me, or is this the status quo with this company?

G MAN

One of the Regulars
I have bought from Everything Australian a couple of times with no complaints. The service has always been good and I don't think I ever heared anyone else complain.
Give it a day and try again.
BTW which hat did you order ?

Shel

New in Town
Everything Australian

I bought the Stylemaster in Acorn Fawn. It's my first Akubra. I don't mind waiting, but I have a thing for responding to other people, etc. Maybe I should switch to decaf. Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words. Take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112