Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orgueil Cossack New

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face
Hi, I just want to show you my new Orgueil Cossack jacket in Steer hide which I purchased from Rivets store in Shanghai.

The store also had a Himel Bro's Heron, but I opted for this instead due to it being half the price and preferring the stylings cue's.

I was expecting a tighter fit as it's size 44 which is what my Aero 30s HB is. I had read that the Japanese jackets run small. The shoulders could do with an inch less but I'm really happy the sleeves are not to short.

Here's some photos.
Screenshot_20190801_124734.jpg
Screenshot_20190801_124738.jpg
Screenshot_20190801_124812.jpg
Screenshot_20190801_124814.jpg
Screenshot_20190801_124818.jpg
Screenshot_20190801_124820.jpg

Last edited:

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face
I will add that the leather is reacting really fast to the oil on my skin and the humid weather in SH right now

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face
That's a great looking jacket. Looks like a solid fit as well.

Thanks Dude, after owning an Aero I was honesty a little disappointed with the stitching on the Aero compared to my Belstaff and D&G. This Orgueil's stitching is as good as those jackets, while it may not be a Freewheelers or Real McCoy's ^^

Actually I'm waiting for you to review some Freewheelers jackets on your almostvintagestyle YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face
Really beautiful. But are the shoulders a little bit of?

Yes the shoulders are way off lol. Keep wondering if I should have gone the 42 with a better shoulder fit but a little tight in the chest and short in the sleeves. Guess that's how it goes with Japanese sizing.

I think I can live with it

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Yes the shoulders are way off lol. Keep wondering if I should have gone the 42 with a better shoulder fit but a little tight in the chest and short in the sleeves. Guess that's how it goes with Japanese sizing.

I think I can live with it

The shoulders are a little wide, but not drooping.
You’ve summarised the dilemma for a typical Western buyer considering a jacket cut for Japanese buyers well.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The shoulders are somewhat wide, but personally I kind of like that in my jackets, my favourites are JL and Langlitz which both by design have wide shoulders. Leather on this looks great too. I think you could have gone down a size for fit in the body, it's a bit baggy but you are absolutely right, the sleeves would have been too short then. They really shouldnt be shorter than they are in this size, so I think what you got is the best you can get from this particular style.

Mich486

One Too Many
I’d be happy with the shoulders as they give off a more relaxed vibe. The thing that would bother me a little is the body length which I think is too much by 2” although the sleeves I wouldn’t want them any shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Its a nice looking jacket, but IMO the fit is off.
It is too wide in the shoulders and more importantly too long in the body.
IMO this style of jacket should be much much shorter, it should cover your belt and that's it.

Can you send it back and try a 42?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
This is why I've kind of given up with Japanese stuff. No matter how much I like the item, the fit always lets it down a little. That said, I'm sitting here in a RM 'Hookless Zips' t-shirt that I love, so it's a question of what you're willing to live with.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
If this was my jacket and it fit me like that, I would send it back. In my opinion you can get a much much better fit in a Cossack/shawl collar jacket from another maker. This one is too baggy and too long.

It’s a shame it doesn’t fit you, cause it really has a lot of interesting details and the leather looks really nice.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face
I've sent it back and exchanged for a size 40, there's a chance I should have exchanged for 42 instead. But you guys are right it looks way to big on me considering it's meant to be a slim cut. I know the sleeves are going to be a bit short but I really like this jacket and I want a tight fit!

Sometimes you get a new jacket, and try to convince yourself it's a good fit, after a few days reality sets in as it festers in the back of your mind

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk