Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original 1950's BUTCH WAX

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ef03_1.JPG

See this and more at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflattop56

Dixon Cannon

My dad and I used to wear that stuff to stiffen our "bangs" back in the early '60's! Let me tell you, in the hot, humid Florida weather that icky stuff got sticky and gooey! Thank God for the Beatles when a boy could finally grow his hair out!

-dixon "butch" cannon

Mike in Seattle

Many, many bad childhood memories from from the early 60's from that exact bottle of gunk. There was also a yellow lemon-scented one (which I guess was even too gunky to be used as a Pledge replacement). Great for nobody wanting to get you in a headlock or head-butted, but trip on the beach or the sandbox at the playground and you've got sand in congealing waxy crud that does NOT want to come out when exposed to water.

flat-top

brylcreem boy said:
Wow.. I've always heard of it but never seen it. I used to sport a flattop back in the 90's off and on and one barber would use a product on me called Lucky Tiger Cru-Butch by Sandahls... I think it's similar stuff, very waxy and very goo-hey when it got humid!!
It's similar, but the Lucky Tiger was/is more waxy. The LB (unless the consistancy changed due to age), is more greasy. And the scent of the LB is (still!) extremely strong.
I have a few jars of this stuff, and I'm ashamed to admit that I used 50 year old Butch Wax on my hair a couple of times. There, I said it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran