Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Monarch A2

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Monarch A2, which dates from 1941, was small volume contract, probably a production run of 10K. I have been after an original for sometime after having owned an ELC. This jacket is a size 42 and is 100% original. I love the grain on the jacket and the light russet colour.

001-13.jpg

003-18.jpg

005-14.jpg

007-15.jpg

010-15.jpg

012-14.jpg

013-16.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
A fantastic jacket. Do you think it was re-dyed/reissued?
I love those fat pocket flaps and the epaulettes, which from the photo appear to taper in width?

aswatland

scotrace said:
A fantastic jacket. Do you think it was re-dyed/reissued?
I love those fat pocket flaps and the epaulettes, which from the photo appear to taper in width?

No, not a redye-no evidence on later spray dye.The later pics show the true colours.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Andrew, another beauty...I would like to find a Monarch in my size, but they are few and far between....I love the triple marked (brass) Talon. A winner and it looks great on you.

aswatland

It looks to be very good indeed, but perhaps somewhat expensive and over £800. A size 42 should fit you as they are made trim. I'm a size 38 chest, but have long arms and a long upper body.

kampkatz

Practically Family
Thank you Andrew for the Monarch photo. It is truly a prize, and the fit looks just right. Enjoy and may you continue to happen upon such fortunate finds.
Paul

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Andrew is right they do tend to run small. I take a 44 in all my other originals and this one is a 46 and fits fine. Couldn't believe it was a 46 until I saw the cutter tag in the pocket. Grainy and in excellent condition.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Taikonaut

New in Town
These jackets looks fantastic. If anyone has an original one of those of similar quality and dont mind pointing me to the right direction please let me know.
I am a classic shape and build like the average man of WW2, basically fit a modern size 38. My friend owns a militaria shops and I fit into most of the uniforms much to everyone's envy when choosing clothes for re-enactment.

Sly

New in Town
Taikonaut said:
These jackets looks fantastic. If anyone has an original one of those of similar quality and dont mind pointing me to the right direction please let me know.
I am a classic shape and build like the average man of WW2, basically fit a modern size 38. My friend owns a militaria shops and I fit into most of the uniforms much to everyone's envy when choosing clothes for re-enactment.

There are good pointers available from members on this forum:

http://cornellsurgery.com/phpBB3/index.php

aswatland

I have decided to sell the Monarch as it is little tight in the shoulders and it will help fund the size 44 Poughkeepsie I have just bought on Ebay. The item no is:270212753431 if anyone is interested. It fits between a modern 38 and 40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner