Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OT Goodwood revival

1930artdeco

Practically Family
With the new low airfares I am thinking a trip to Goodwood is in store. What is the lodging like there? Can one stay say in London and take the train in? What about things to do outside of the revival?

Mike

GHT

I'll Lock Up
If you search through this thread, send Harry (Warden) a PM, he will help you and give you details. One of the Moderators, Edward, can also give you much information. The Goodwood Revival is a brilliant event, just put it into Google and you can get much information directly from there.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Thanks GHT. That is some of the info I was looking for. Now to convince the other half that is going with me to attend.

Mike

Mr. Pickett

Familiar Face
Wishing I had attended the revival last year. I went to the festival of speed and was fortunate to see up close towards the end of the day some of the vintage cars as they lined up before "racing" up the track, as well as Stirling Moss doing a lap. But to attend the revival and have a whole day of vintage and classic cars (along with an excuse not to get funny looks when you dress in period style clothes) would be amazing. :D

MikeKardec

One Too Many
The fashion and celebrity bit should increase the Wife Approval Factor of the event ... I see it as having something for everyone. I do believe it is hard to stay nearby without paying a fortune, though there may be a trick or two known by others.

Edward

Bartender
Hotels in the area up rheir prices astronomically for that weekend. Best kept secret is Butlin's in Bognor Regis: book now while it's cheap. Only drawback is they will only do you a Sun-Sat week or Fri to Mon weekend. We do the latter, and just go straight to Goodwood early on Friday. From Bognor there are regular bussesto Chichester rsil station, then the Goodwood bus from there straight to the site, avoiding all the traffic at the main gate. We've been going with The Chap magazine since 2012; hoping to work the event agsin this year.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
For those going to this year's revival, near the VIP hospitality marquee, is a so called cab rank, called Glam Cabs, named after the Glam Cabs of Carry on Cabby fame, a Brit comedy. Alongside Glam Cabs is an area where vintage cars, acting as 'taxis' are taking guests to and from the Goodwood Hotel and other VIP areas. I shall be there with the MG. So do come and say hello, I would be delighted to meet other loungers.
JHT.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This year's Revival dates are September 8th 9th & 10th. Last year I stood everyone up. On the day my tickets and Transport Corps pack arrived, so did my appointment for minor surgery. Goodwood management were so kind, even so, we were bitterly disappointed. Re-reading the thread, there are comments about the cost of accommodation. The Revival itself is quite expensive so anything to save money has to be helpful.

There's a few of tips I can offer, use the camping site, hire a tent. Don't fancy being under canvass with the creepy crawlies? Hire a trailer, we call them caravans. If you prefer your roof to be more solid, there a place about five miles away called Butlins. It's an all in holiday camp where guests stay in chalets. Butlins rent out those chalets for the Revival. I think Edward might have used this facility, he would know more.

How to get to the showground from Butlins? Does that MG above appeal to you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112