Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

J Williams

Practically Family
Super hat J.
Nutria’s like this one have the block and brim width that are perfect imho.
The embroidered liner tip is icing on the cake.
I bet it cleans up nice and is a top shelf hat for you. I know mine is.
Good get.
B

Thanks Bowen, it really looks like it ticks all the right boxes for me. Ever since I saw the liner on Ken’s nutria I have wanted one and here it is. I’m actually a little bummed it has the liner protector because I want to see that red coated horseman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bowen, it really looks like it ticks all the right boxes for me. Ever since I saw the liner on Ken’s nutria I have wanted one and here it is. I’m actually a little bummed it has the liner protector because I want to see that red coated horseman!

Lol
Well then whatever you do, do not handle it roughly or crease it incessantly nor smooth out the liner tip excessively with rough fingers. Lest you tear the fragile tissue like protector alerting the hat police. You would then be obligated to remove it. Ha ha
B
Ps: if you ever remove the liner check out the other side of the embroidery, it’s a trip!

Did you reply? I had a seller tell me all "antique" hats were made of cashmere, in a condescending tone. When I said I had always thought they were made of hare, rabbit, and beaver or either pure or blended, she said I might be right, and that she would have to change the listing. She didn't.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I replied and they stuck to their story that it will fit any head size...and then they politely asked me to go away. Fair enough. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

J Williams

Practically Family
Lol
Well then whatever you do, do not handle it roughly or crease it incessantly nor smooth out the liner tip excessively with rough fingers. Lest you tear the fragile tissue like protector alerting the hat police. You would then be obligated to remove it. Ha ha
B
Ps: if you ever remove the liner check out the other side of the embroidery, it’s a trip!

Haha yeah the ‘oh shucks I damaged it’ definitely crossed my mind. I think I see a little tear forming in that photo.. [emoji6]

I replied and they stuck to their story that it will fit any head size...and then they politely asked me to go away. Fair enough. :)

WOW.....just....WOW......incredible just how uninformed people can be.....as a seller they should be more obliging....I always appreciate help from someone who is informed.....we cannot all know everything....I am just amazed how people find that intrusive....especially from a potential BUYER!!!!! I mean really....do they want the hassle of you having to ship it back when it does not fit?!?!?!?!

Just Daniel

One Too Many
I know the feeling! I would just add that the oilskin cover dates the hat pretty well between ‘48-52 (general consensus - still a little debate as always). That adds a nice dimension to the hat.

Daniel

Haha yeah the ‘oh shucks I damaged it’ definitely crossed my mind. I think I see a little tear forming in that photo.. [emoji6]

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Got a small loot from Ebay that I have to sort out, but this one is the Triple Crown winner. It is a 40ish Open Road. I paid a little over of what I want it, but after receiving the hat, I have no regrets. It needs a little work on some parts of the sweatband, but nothing that would prevent me from wearing it.
07794f7c43ce4b7934f60f79d3d0de5f.jpg
f6270dcadcffb6dffff4c5b03aea3134.jpg
316c36e5520ddd7956e00110d9e15d28.jpg
8eb0a150f06b943260660a29ee62bde7.jpg
e4d28f14faceb3b109f25e159ee2fecd.jpg
5be92bdc1a4c14af1599930bcb73c3be.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Got a small loot from Ebay that I have to sort out, but this one is the Triple Crown winner. It is a 40ish Open Road. I paid a little over of what I want it, but after receiving the hat, I have no regrets. It needs a little work on some parts of the sweatband, but nothing that would prevent me from wearing it.
07794f7c43ce4b7934f60f79d3d0de5f.jpg
f6270dcadcffb6dffff4c5b03aea3134.jpg
316c36e5520ddd7956e00110d9e15d28.jpg
8eb0a150f06b943260660a29ee62bde7.jpg
e4d28f14faceb3b109f25e159ee2fecd.jpg
5be92bdc1a4c14af1599930bcb73c3be.jpg

Good Get!!!!

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I love the hat. It seems that the wider brimmed Cavanaghs are not too common.

Thanks! I agree, I haven't seen many, at least not in my size. When I see one in this condition it is hard to pass on.

I'm going to Levine Hat Co. tomorrow to do a little sightseeing and some info searching for my blog, I think I'm going to take this one with me[emoji6][emoji106]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ