Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Might be an interesting thread...
Shipping Horrors!!
B
@alanfgag provided an idea that has yet to fail me (probably shouldn't have said that...). Whenever I send payment for a hat to be mailed or shipped, I ALWAYS include a note saying how much I appreciate and am looking forward to receiving the hat, and THANK YOU for packing it carefully! If there's an original hatbox, Thank you for placing that box inside of a stronger, proper shipping box.

So far, so good.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
45B02F05-F4F6-4F4E-9DDA-FE6A0D567CED.jpeg
368E655A-7258-4781-A70A-2B365A73FCAD.jpeg
83F6F2D6-0AC6-49D5-9638-9BF5106D4CCB.jpeg
1A0AD688-7B90-4FF7-951D-A75EE607765C.jpeg
4A486D40-F95D-4CC7-A28D-327BA3BFE6C9.jpeg
Greetings All:
Oh what the heck!!
No introduction necessary!
Be weller (than this). Bowen

@alanfgag provided an idea that has yet to fail me (probably shouldn't have said that...). Whenever I send payment for a hat to be mailed or shipped, I ALWAYS include a note saying how much I appreciate and am looking forward to receiving the hat, and THANK YOU for packing it carefully! If there's an original hatbox, Thank you for placing that box inside of a stronger, proper shipping box.

So far, so good.

So far, so good here too. Ebay sellers might not know everything about everything or even much about anything... but they do know the importance of positive feedback and once they know your priorities, tend to be very interested in meeting them. Sometimes I feel embarrassed at the level of packaging that can come as a response to that simple message to the seller.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
So very true Alan. I have to admit though, that our US Postal System has amazed me. Of all the hat packages i’ve recieved i’d say <1% arrived damaged regardless of how they were packed. Also, i’ve only had 1 get lost for a week or so. I’ve also had sellers pack so well that NASA would blush. I sure can’t complain, just chuckle now and then.
B

So far, so good here too. Ebay sellers might not know everything about everything or even much about anything... but they do know the importance of positive feedback and once they know your priorities, tend to be very interested in meeting them. Sometimes I feel embarrassed at the level of packaging that can come as a response to that simple message to the seller.
+1

Ebay sellers, gotta luv their ignorance sometimes. "Midnight Blue" as described, but this hat is black as night! This is the second time I've run into this. Just because a flash photo turns out bluish, does not make the hat blue. Come on, you can look at the hat right next to you while typing a description and see that it is black, not blue! Not that a black homburg is a bad thing, blue is kinda rare. Hat is destined for a trip to Holland.
Auction photo 500x.jpg

Ebay sellers, gotta luv their ignorance sometimes. "Midnight Blue" as described, but this hat is black as night! This is the second time I've run into this. Just because a flash photo turns out bluish, does not make the hat blue. Come on, you can look at the hat right next to you while typing a description and see that it is black, not blue! Not that a black homburg is a bad thing, blue is kinda rare. Hat is destined for a trip to Holland.
View attachment 119184

If it was the blue in the photos I’d be envious! Sorry it didn’t work out. I’m also just about full up with black hats and online disappointments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was the blue in the photos I’d be envious! Sorry it didn’t work out. I’m also just about full up with black hats and online disappointments.

It is heading across the Atlantic next week along with a couple of others. Nothing wrong with a black homburg, I just wish it was as blue as the Ebay listing showed. I'll let Stefan unveil this epic find when it arrives.

It is heading across the Atlantic next week along with a couple of others. Nothing wrong with a black homburg, I just wish it was as blue as the Ebay listing showed. I'll let Stefan unveil this epic find when it arrives.
It'll take some patience, but it will be worth the wait! Midnight blue would have indeed been epic, but we'll have to think it blue. Even if a hat really is blue it can present itself deceptively black. An example: this Tirard is actually labelled as "bleu de nuit" (night blue). Maybe its mother could tell, but it looks black to me...(and I used a grey card for this picture).

tirard_02.jpg
tirard_11.jpg

It'll take some patience, but it will be worth the wait! Midnight blue would have indeed been epic, but we'll have to think it blue. Even if a hat really is blue it can present itself deceptively black. An example: this Tirard is actually labelled as "bleu de nuit" (night blue). Maybe its mother could tell, but it looks black to me...(and I used a grey card for this picture).

View attachment 119391 View attachment 119392
Black Hats Matter. You can never go wrong with a nice black homburg.

Friday estate sale finds.3 boxes,$2 ea,one had a hat in it.No price on hat so when I went to pay...The young lady said,how about $5.Couldn't say ok fast enough.
85A4KHF.jpg
D1BzZzl.jpg
YDX9RGx.jpg
0phUs5C.jpg
ThofIbg.jpg
Don't know if I'll keep the crease?

What a score! Those Churchill’s (25, 50, and 100) are wonderful hats. I’d have been tickled with just the boxes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points