Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

After receiving a few hats with undisclosed and un-photographed moth damage, I'm trying to remember to specifically ask about it.

Me: "Do you have photos of the other side of the hat and under the brim? What is the extent of the moth damage? Thanks!"

Auction House: "I've added a photo to the lot of that side of the hat. It's just the one hole as seen in that photo."

Just the one hole? :oops:

1660579392277.png

After receiving a few hats with undisclosed and un-photographed moth damage, I'm trying to remember to specifically ask about it.

Me: "Do you have photos of the other side of the hat and under the brim? What is the extent of the moth damage? Thanks!"

Auction House: "I've added a photo to the lot of that side of the hat. It's just the one hole as seen in that photo."

View attachment 444804
They would have been better served to cut out the entire crown and call it “one hole.”

View attachment 444804

I was watching that Vita-Felt homburg. When I looked at it for a second time the new photo had been added…a BIG thank you, Bob!

Not a huge derby / bowler fan but when it’s an exposition medal 7 5/8…..

View attachment 444676 View attachment 444677

I told the seller where to look for the label end she said there was a red and white paper label with the size 7 5/8.

F34770D2-3382-485D-9AEB-E23FFDAD7085.jpeg

On arrival:

F4A019FC-DF36-4AB4-83C2-55CA99C1E738.jpeg

It’s heading back on Monday. If anyone wants it before then it’s $100 plus actual shipping to the contiguous US ($16 or less).

That's just sheer laziness. Everyone knows a derby should be carefully packed in a sturdy box with lots of padding after you step on it.

That’s how my Borsalino top hat (also from Goodwill) arrived. Pristine box, dented hat. Cinched up in a plastic bag and dropped into a box with one piece of packing paper.

I didn’t get dent pics as I was concerned with seeing if it would go back to the correct shape. It didn’t quite make it.

7A1ABD6F-5570-4F18-A4F7-449E9842BDEE.jpeg

7EE2009F-72DF-4B60-B8AD-B7EB8AE01606.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot