Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxford University 1930's Gentleman's Club Blazer

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Gentlemen! A Lovely dark navy English flannel University club blazer from the 1930s. Belonged to an undergraduate at the world famous Oxford University.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskpHZKP3

Has a beautiful wire embroidered heraldic crest on the breast patch pocket, belonging to Oxford's oldest and most prestigious college, St Edmund Hall (TEDDY'S) which was established in 1236.

This student was a keen footballer, as the silver embroidered initials refer to 'Teddy's' football club. The jacket was originally retailed at the well known 'Gentlemens Shop' on Oxford High Street, WP Hine & Co, who had been family tailors and purveyors to English Gentry since the mid 1800s.
This is a rare and gorgeous example of a young English gentleman's club blazer from the pre-war golden era of 1930s Oxford University.
The three brass buttons to the front and two on each cuff are all original to the jacket.
There are a few small moth 'nips' to the fabric, but are not obvious and do not detract from the visual splendor of this beautifully cut piece.
This is in a desirable and wearable size 42" (personally if you lean more to a 41" / 104cms then it is perfect).
Across shoulders is 18" / 46cms
Shoulder to arm cuff is 26" / 66cms
Back of collar straight to hem is 30.5" / 77.5cms
This is from my private vintage stable of clothes. Due to substantial weight loss (it's hardly a complaint!) I am now having to pass along some of my well loved pieces.

I've just had the jacket cleaned , laundered and pressed, ready to wear.

Price is £130 GBP / $197 USD, plus actual postage to your destination.

PM me if you'd like it.
Or EMAIL: paddy_middleton@hotmail.com

Kindest Regards, Paddy.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskpHZKP3

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner