Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pancakes, Waffles, Crepes or French Toast...?

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
What's your favorite ? Suppose the list could include Donuts, Muffins, Pastries, Croissants, Scones, Lefse but you get the Idea !

Mine, Crepes with Strawberries & Whipped Cream or Homemeade Chocolate Filling.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Bisquick pancakes, a short stack with butter and maple syrup! Add some link sausage on the side and a hot cup of black tea, no sugar, and that's a breakfast what really *is* a breakfast!

(Bacon and eggs this morning, as per my usual Sunday routine...)

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buckwheat Pancakes!!!!

Everyone who comes to visit our home insists on having my famous Buckwheat Pancakes, with butter, maple syrup and honey! Sometimes there is a side of fruit compote, too!

-dixon cannon

Belgian waffles - all the way! But they have to be topped with a healthy mixture of FRESH fruit and FRESHLY whipped cream. Many restaurants claim to serve Belgian waffles, but what I usually get is a waffle with frozen strawberries and canned wipped cream. TAKE IT BACK!!!!

Regards,

Senator Jack

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
Pancakes, waffles and crepes, love 'em all ! With a gallon of maple syrup and enough thick clotted cream to get my doctor to say that the my cholesterol level is critcal ! :p Washed down with a strong mug of tea with 4 spoons of sugar!

All followed by a healthy British 'fry up' brekky! Luvley mate !:eusa_clap

Dixon Cannon

Ay!!

DiabolicalAngel said:
Pancakes, waffles and crepes, love 'em all ! With a gallon of maple syrup and enough thick clotted cream to get my doctor to say that the my cholesterol level is critcal ! :p Washed down with a strong mug of tea with 4 spoons of sugar!

All followed by a healthy British 'fry up' brekky! Luvley mate !:eusa_clap

Scones and clotted cream and a nice 'cuppa at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool! A splendid time, indeed!!

-dixon cannon

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Pancakes, waffles, and french toast anytime! Always with a nice gob of butter and syrup. Plus a large glass of milk.

The day shall come when I eat crepes. They seem to be unofficially verboten in the house..

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh yes- the crepe choice on my part- definately would be a dessert rather than a breakfast. I don't do well with heavy sweet things in the morning :)

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
I'm not a great eater of breakfasts, generally I eat once a day. But if the day warrants a breakfast I tend to go for freshly-made bread turned into toast, with butter, Cooper's orange and Rose's lime marmalades, and a pot of tea. Perhaps some scrambled eggs (to my own recipe) and maybe even some thick-cut oak-smoked bacon with the toast if it's a really big day ahead.

I know that breakfast is one the seventeen most important meals of the day, but for me food is usually like cigarettes: I like to get a couple of hours in and properly awake before I start.

S

Samsa

Crepes are great, especially if topped with strawberries and filled with cream. Too sweet for breakfast, though...most times I'll go with pancakes.

Daisy Buchanan

Lauren Henline said:
Nutella & banana crepes... mmmm....

Now I want some....
Yummy!! That is my favorite. I have my grandmothers original crepe pan, and it still makes the best crepes. I've been using it since I was a kid.
If I can't have crepes, I like French Toast or Waffles with bananas. This thread is making me hungry for breakfast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider