Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pat Novak for hire

Hunter Lomire

New in Town
If there isn't a thread already, I'd like to discuss this classic radio show. I think that it is really good listening while walking or just sitting around. I don't have a favorite episode, but they are all quite good.

CSG

Familiar Face
Big fan of the Jack Webb episodes. I like to listen in a darkened room whenever I listen to old radio shows. I have a 1936 Zenith tombstone radio that has a little MP3 connection wired in back so I can stream shows from archive.org and youtube through it rather than my modern stereo system.

photo.php

Hunter Lomire

New in Town
Big fan of the Jack Webb episodes. I like to listen in a darkened room whenever I listen to old radio shows. I have a 1936 Zenith tombstone radio that has a little MP3 connection wired in back so I can stream shows from archive.org and youtube through it rather than my modern stereo system.

photo.php
Thats really cool. I used to listen to them in my phone while walking. Better than music sometimes.

CSG

Familiar Face
It's great that so many of these shows are available to listen to again. Pat Novak is at the top of the heap for the detective genre IMO.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Just today listened to the first Webb network show (if I remember correctly) Jack of Clubs. Favorite simile: "It was like trying to weave a blanket with a spinning wheel and a bucket of sand." I'd like to go back and re-listen in broadcast order. This is one of my all-time favorite series.

Talbot

One Too Many
LE: Good evening.
PN: Yeah, thanks for knocking.
LE: I don't think you mind my coming in without warning.
PN: No, I get the cabbage smell from next door the same way.
LE: Does it pay to be that polite, Mr. Novak?
PN: It saves you the trouble of saying "please."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points