Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patience Pays Off

GWD

One Too Many
I've been wanting an A-2 for quite some time now but really haven't wanted to pay THAT much for one.

I just picked one up on ebay for a very reasonable $68.00 plus shipping!

Here it is,

06412.JPG
06412%20(4).JPG
06412%20(2).JPG

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
Great score on the Cooper. . . .but would you have paid $158

. . .for a Gibson Barnes A-2 Flying Tigers retailing at $728 . . . .

Damn . .I would have & would have had it tailored if nec . . .Leather Bomber Flight Jacket Gibson & Barnes Men's 44 Item number: 220348017784 . . .Did anyone here get it!?

I turned my back on this . . like a fool!:rage:

GWD

One Too Many
Thanks Carter, I know a lot of guys here are into the authentic A-2s but I just wanted the look without the extra $$$$$.

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
GWD I've had 5 original WW II A-2's (one of which was my Dads from WW II) and one Eastman but anymore my outlook on A-2's is that if it's close or even halfway visibly close to an original like your A-2 that you have pictured, it'd be fine with me and I'm real happy for you because you're happy with your find and the price. Mike

kampkatz

Practically Family
GWD, your find is fantastic for anyone wanting a reasonable copy of an A2Only serious hobbyists could tell the difference between your jacket and the high end copies. Congratulations. Patience does indeed pay off at times!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany