Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pattern swap starts here!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
RetroModelSari said:
Since this pattern is just one sheet I happily trace it for whoever is interested. Be aware that the waistband for skirt 1 is missing though (but I´m sure it can be easily replaced) :)

DSCN08811271.JPG
I love this.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
I will post the 50s ones here and if anyone wants them they can let me know - I really don't have to make money on them, and they were given to me with the request that they get used, so I am happy to give them away to interested Fedora Dames.

Oooh - what sizes are the 50s patterns? *she said whilst licking lips and rubbing mitts together*

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd better go buy a big roll of paper!

So I can make copies... Short Clara, I just checked the 50s patterns - they range from bust 34 to 42. Dresses, a suit of two, one pencil skirt/pants pattern, one child's monogram blouse!
There's a lovely formal with a portrait collar and huge skirt.
I will take them to work with me and scan today if I have time. over the course of the week, anyway. So all you 50s gals, check back soon!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
My local newspaper gives away their huge rolls of (plain/unused) news paper. It looks like Christmas wrapping paper, except it is a huge roll. One newspaper gives it away & the other charges $2.00 a roll, so you all might try your local papers to see if they'd give or sell you a roll. It also makes good packing material for eBay sellers, and at garage sales. :)

lyburnum

Practically Family
The V&A has a pattern you can download to use on their site if you so wish. It's based on a 1950s ready to wear dress.

http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1486_couture/create.php

mainbgcreate1ur3.jpg

The traditional focus of couture was the creation of high fashion garments for private clients. However, sales to department stores and wholesalers became increasingly important after the war. Some designers created ready-to-wear collections specifically for the export market, using the mass-production and sizing methods developed in the USA, and the sale of home dressmaking 'couture' patterns in Vogue and other magazines made the couturier’s ideas available to a wide audience and proved to be both lucrative and popular.
Ready-to-wear dresses such as this from Horrockses Fashions combined the fashionable couture silhouette with youthful and innovative textile designs, and would have appealed to women of different ages and social backgrounds as the perfect summer dress. These dresses were relatively expensive and were popular with members of the Royal Family - but working women would save up to buy one, often as a honeymoon outfit.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
B4790.jpg

B6582.jpg

B4918.jpg

B4919.jpg

Sari do you like any of these? Let me know. I should be able to trace them for you. It can't be that hard, right! Or I have a cute 1940's wrap dress pattern that I should receive in 1-2 weeks.

If any one else is interested let me know also.

Miss 1929

I'd probably be interested

in the 40s wrap dress!
I really don't care for the 50s - i don't know why, it just doesn't ring my bells the way the 30s does!
PS - I assume this previous post was aimed at me? It says Sari - there is a Sari here but I am a Sara...

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
I really don't care for the 50s - i don't know why, it just doesn't ring my bells the way the 30s does!

Me too! The 30s styles had a lot of unique trims and just the shapes of the clothing. Look through a Delineator magazine from that era and you'll see what I mean. (Butterwick patterns sponsored it and featured new patterns every month in it.)

zaika

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
in the 40s wrap dress!
PS - I assume this previous post was aimed at me? It says Sari - there is a Sari here but I am a Sara...

yeah...i agree too. 30's fashion is quickly becoming my favorite.

there is a sari here. :D

Miss 1929

Delineator is my friend!

BonnieJean said:
Me too! The 30s styles had a lot of unique trims and just the shapes of the clothing. Look through a Delineator magazine from that era and you'll see what I mean. (Butterwick patterns sponsored it and featured new patterns every month in it.)

I have every issue for the years 1927 - 1936 (when they merged with Pictorial Review). It's fascinating to see the incremental changes, month by month, and the differences in seasons!
It took 15 years, but I have all 120 issues, and they are probably the thing I will grab if the house catches on fire (after the husband and cat of course).

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1929 said:
in the 40s wrap dress!
I was referring to RetroModel Sari. She is going to trace a skirt pattern for me. I can loan you the 1940's if you are interested, It's very cute and looks really simple. I like tne styles from the 30's best also. I think I have more of a 50's figure though.

Below if the Wrap Dress link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160153986105&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:pIC&ih=006

Miss 1929

I thought so...

deadpandiva said:
I was referring to RetroModel Sari. She is going to trace a skirt pattern for me. I can loan you the 1940's if you are interested, It's very cute and looks really simple. I like tne styles from the 30's best also. I think I have more of a 50's figure though.

Below if the Wrap Dress link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160153986105&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:pIC&ih=006

... but coudn't tell as there had been a lot of flurry in the past few pages... that wrap dress is cute! But disastrous on my figure, I can tell. I avoid gathers like the plague.

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I'd love to get the pattern swap going again...
I'm looking for a high waisted pant pattern. Preferably w/ the "Cracker Jack" or "sailor style" button front. I don't mind if it's a copy or you'd let me borrow it to copy and send back. I'm willing to swap one (or more) of these patterns in exchange:

19.jpg

17.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

I tried the V&A dress but the instructions didn't make sense and the tod ended up being all funny, so it is now a skirt lol

M4073.jpg

S4107.jpg

mc2207.jpg

Willing to swap or trace, depending on your preference. I trust you ladies so know you'll take good care of them :)

Lets resurrect this thread yeah!!!

Oh, I forgot, the patterns are of various sizes. Ask for details xxx

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Anyone interested in some very designer 50s/60s stuff?

I have a lot, but they are not my interest and I'd be willing to swap for traces or loans of anything in a bigger size from the 40s or even 1900's (1914 onwards)

Will scan later if anyone's interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy