Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pecards - which one?

OK, I'm on the site and I see all these products which are supposed to be great. Problem is, I don't see any sort of guide to help me on which one to purchase?
There's creams, oils and pastes.
Could someone with experience here tell me what I'd use on a goatskin A2? I have other jackets as well, but my understanding with them is that they don't need it.
I have used Lexol before, but I'm thinking it's just a decent, generic fluid for "everything" as opposed to something worth using on my jackets.

Thanks folks!

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
In my experience, their "leather dressing" (paste) works best on aniline finished leather. I've tryed the leather dressing on spray-finished leather and it tends to leave the surface a little sticky even after the final buffing. If your goatskin is spray-finished, I'd recommend the cream.

I believe the oils are mainly for boots and oil-tanned leather so I wouldn't use those on veg or chrome tanned jacket leather.

Noel

In my experience, their "leather dressing" (paste) works best on aniline finished leather. I've tryed the leather dressing on spray-finished leather and it tends to leave the surface a little sticky even after the final buffing. If your goatskin is spray-finished, I'd recommend the cream.

I believe the oils are mainly for boots and oil-tanned leather so I wouldn't use those on veg or chrome tanned jacket leather.

Noel

Thanks Noel. That's what I was thinking. I have tried some cream from another maker on the pockets to test (I only had a little left) and it worked nicely. Buffed up with a bit of a shine...now, which cream? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff