Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peep toe shoes....

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
beaucaillou said:
i had wondered about the foot petals. i will definitely pick some up.

does anyone else work on their feet and in heels everyday??? my poor feet are absolutely beaten. last week i pulled out and wore to work my most beautiful + costly Spanish, pink metallic, slingback, kitten heels with pointed toes, and ended up with no less than blood blisters. (eww. sorry. gross.) i mean really awful stuff. and the peep-toes are really difficult for all the reasons sighted here. what i've learned to do is switch which shoes i wear every night. i can't ever wear the same pair two days in a row, and i have to always keep a pair of trusty flats nearby just in case i can't ignore the pain any more. i do have one pair of heels that can go the distance and are actually down right comfortable. they are the work horses of my closet.

but peep-toes in Summer? ugh, i dread the season for that reason alone, yet i must wear what the outfit demands...

May I recommend the shoes at this site. Some of the shoes have kind of a vintage appeal. I have Topic and Trick, and they're both super comfortable and right for the office. Alas, the company doesn't seem to make peer toes.

Here's the Beautifeel peep toe that's more of peep than a full view.

Snookie

Practically Family
I brought this up about a year ago (funny, how spring/summer makes us think about these things...) Jitterbugdoll directed me to some great pictures of vintage shoes with larger peepholes, about 2-3 toes showing. Unfortunately the links are dead now, so I won't repost the thread, but I seem to remember them being casual shoes, like something you might wear at the seaside.

I especially like smaller peepholes, too, it's the same old idea of only revealing just enough. Anymore, even my Remix wedges show too much toe for me.

Hep Kitten

New in Town
YAY!

Thanks, Paisley. I am *so* getting the Topic's. I love that they are offered in wide width. I have a medical condition that makes my feet swell and I work as a librarian to boot, so it'll be nice to wear something decent to work for a change. :D

swinggal

One Too Many
I recently bought some black suede peep toes from Target and do indeed have the small hole for once!!!! And back of the shoe curves in, making them very authentic looking. But full marks for the small hole!!!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Paisley said:
May I recommend the shoes at this site. Some of the shoes have kind of a vintage appeal. I have Topic and Trick, and they're both super comfortable and right for the office. Alas, the company doesn't seem to make peer toes.

Here's the Beautifeel peep toe that's more of peep than a full view.

These are so cute!

5305-134.jpg

http://www.capps-shoe.com/retail/ProductDetail.asp?div=A&dpt=J&ctg=A&PROD_CD=5305-134

I wear more 50s clothes, but if I wore 40s, these would so be mine!!

(Oh, and if I had the money to spend on shoes..... :rolleyes: )

Kitty55

New in Town
FWIW, I have a pair of Abaete (for Payless) peeptoe pumps that fit very well. They don't really pinch, rather, they just get more snug towards the toes. I can wear them pretty much the whole day without too much pain, and my toes don't slip forward.

I tried to find a pic of them online, but it appears they have gone past season. [huh] Think they're still in the stores, though - they have a little sort-of paisley die-cut design cut out on the outside of the toebox, inlay with a very fine mesh.

Kimberly

Practically Family
I am picky about what shoes I will wear and I have to be able to get through the day with them or I won't wear them again. I wear heels all week and if they fit well, I am very comfortable in them. I walk on my toes when barefoot (have been doing it since I started walking as a todler) so have no problems walking in them if they fit right.

Has anyone ever gotten their shoes stretched professionaly or by using one of those vintage foot strechers? A woman I work with says she has done it before and it actually works! I would love to try it as I have quite a few pairs of shoes of mine that need streching so I can wear them again.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Update, the wonderfuly informative ladies on the vintage ebay board always help me out and a couple of them suggested putting some water in 1 gallon freezer bags and putting them in your shoes and then in your freezer. The water will expand 11% when they are ice and will stretch out your shoes.

I have a pair in there now and if it works I will let you all know. Just think of the possibilities with this. We can wear our lovely shoes without getting sore feet!! :eusa_clap

GILDA

EVERY WOMEN SHOULD OWN THEM

I think every women should have a nice pair of peep toe heels, preferably high. They are so retro, sexy and versatile. I wear them with jeans or wear them to weddings. But my toe nails are always polished. I think the last time I had no nail polish on my toes was like 9 or 10 years old. Yes they hurt, but no pain no gain. I save them for special occasions, I dont :( go to shop rite in them. Id be crippled!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael