1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Pegasus Luftwaffe Pics and Review

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Cyber Lip, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip A-List Customer

Got my "Luftwaffe" from Pegasus last week. Great jacket, I'm very happy with it. I reviewed the size chart on their site and went with a 44 per the measurements listed there. Only diff was I asked for a longer back length (26.5"), and custom sleeve length. I went 1/2" longer on the sleeves than I needed to allow for the anticipated natural shrinkage, so that's why they may look a tad long in the photos. It's cut slightly longer in the front than the back as illustrated in one of my pics below.

Overall fit is kind is a semi-slim fit i.e. not too fitted but not too roomy either. I'm 6' 180 lbs and on me it's just a little snug in the chest (pit to pit is 23.5") but I have a little extra room in the rest of the torso.

The leather is FQHH. It's not as stiff as my Aero Café Racer. It's softer/more pliable. It looks like it may have been pre-wrinkled/worked-in prior to being dyed, so not a lot of break-in is required...wearable and flexible right out of the gate. It's also lighter than the Aero by about 1/3-1/4th, even though the leather feels about the same thickness. I bought this to wear as a cool weather Fall/Spring jacket, so the lighter nature of this jacket is a plus for me. The color is their 'dark antique brown' and it's fantastic, with a lot of nice overtones that don't come through in the pics.

The lining is a cotton flannel with satin in the sleeves. I almost went with a full satin lining, but changed my mind and went with the flannel. I thought this would be a better option due mainly to the orientation of the inner pocket. I thought satin might be too lightweight to support use of the pocket. Turns out even with the cotton I get more pull-down than I'm comfortable with if I toss my wallet or cell phone in there. In hindsight I wish I'd gotten the satin lining with no interior pocket, as the flannel does grip and pull my shirts around underneath.

The hardware is a gray antiqued nickel. It seems fine, but the zipper pull feels a little lightweight and bendy when I zip up the jacket.

Overall quality and workmanship is very good. I can't find any faults.

Customer service was excellent, I'd recommend buying from them without any hesitation. BTW - they also sell on Ebay, and a better price can be had using the 'make an offer' feature than the prices listed on their site.

jacket0.jpg

jacket2.jpg

jacket3.jpg

jacket4.jpg

jacket5.jpg

jacket6.jpg

jacket12.jpg

jacket13.jpg

jacket10.jpg

jacket11.jpg

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    Tukwila likes this.
  2. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

Nice looking jacket CL.

For me, I would go for a slightly shorter length - but that's just me.

Congrats on the buy:D;)

3. Cyber Lip

Thanks. The length is perfect for me. It sits just below the belt in front.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  4. schitzo

schitzo Suspended

killer jacket Cyber up you must be chuffed. Thanks for the pics, I've been tempted by this one for some time now, and yours does nothing to quell my lust

5. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Nice one. Great colour.

6. nabottle

nabottle A-List Customer

CyberLip, I like it. I like it a lot!The fit and the color are very nice. I've been contemplating buying a D-Pocket from them and based on your review and photos, I have no hesitation now. Thanks a lot for the very nice review!

7. wanz

wanz One of the Regulars

Great looking jacket! Coincidentally, I received mine this week too (that I was encouraged to purchase based on your original post on this style). It looks like you saved me the trouble of having to take pictures today.

I went with their dark chocolate steerhide instead of the horsehide... based on your comments I think I may have done horsehide if I had to do it all over again. I also chose the velveteen interior. Very happy with that for now.

Other than that, I don't really have much to add. I agree with your points on the hardware, quality, etc. Wear yours in good health and thanks for turning me on to this jacket!

8. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Come on, Wanz...
    Don't be stingy- Pics!

And CyberLip, that is a great Jacket!!!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  9. Cyber Lip

Yeah post pics. How is the velveteen? Is it clingy?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  10. wanz

wanz One of the Regulars

I suppose that it is only fair that if I'm going to learn about the jacket from the site that I share some pics. My initial impression is that I really like the velveteen. It doesn't seem to be clingy at all (I should note that the sleeves are still satin). I will be interested to see how the velveteen wears over time.

It looks like the leather photographed a bit darker than it appears in person. The leather lining around the inside pocket in the final shot probably gives the best representation. Unfortunately, I don't really have a similar brown leather jacket to do a comparison shot.

A few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Awesome Wanz-
    looks like 2 great jackets in 2 weeks...

12. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

Oooh those pics make me want to buy one.... In black I think.... Their steerhide seems very interesting.

13. nabottle

nabottle A-List Customer

Awesome jacket, Wanz and thanks for the pictures. It's the last thing I need, but that's never stopped me before.

14. wanz

wanz One of the Regulars

Thank you... I have poor impulse control when it comes to jackets :)

15. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Nice 2-fer fellahs. Great looking jackets. The WWII bug in me would probably buy one if I rode a bike... Schweet leathers fellahs... enjoy.

Worf

16. P5640blouson

P5640blouson One of the Regulars

Nice. Hide looks good and so does the construction. I like the styling.

17. Cyber Lip

Cool Wanz! Now I'm wondering if I should have gone with the velveteen also, lol

18. Pegasus jackets

Pegasus jackets Vendor

Looking good gentlemen! Thanks for posting such nice reviews. We're glad you are happy with our work. Enjoy your jackets, and post more pics when they are broken in after a few air-miles in the Messerschmitt :eek:

Best Regards,
    Kevin

www.pegasusjackets.com

www.facebook.com/pegasusjackets

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  19. Novos

Novos One of the Regulars

Damn, such a nice jacket. Been craving a Pegasus for years now, but always flip flop between wanting a D-pocket S, and the two Luftwaffe ones. Such a hard choice, they're all so nice.

20. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

Which Messerschmitt:D ?

[​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

The Bubble car is great for chasing bellow

[​IMG];)

Great jackets by the way.
    Johnny Tee