Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pet Ice Cream signs from the 30s?

p51

One Too Many
I'm badly trying to find a good photo of a Pet Ice Cream (or milk) sign from the pre-war era. Pet was (and still is) a dairy outfit mostly out of the Southeast (but not as far South as the Gulf coast). They were a big thing in the area my parents grew up in, in Northeast Tennessee, as there was a milk plant in the next big town (Johnson City) from where they grew up.
Some of you might know I'm currently building a O scale model train layout representing a narrow-gauge railroad that ran in that area, taking place in 1943. I am currently detailing a rural gas station and to me, nothing would look more correct for the area than something from Pet.
I've searched Google and turned up nothing that is era-specific that isn't all rusted out. I need a good color photo, straight on and not taken from an angle, of something of theirs from before 1945.

p51, I wish I could help with your Pet question - but I've lived in the Northeast my entire life. That said, I'd love to see - and I'd bet others would too - what you have built so far, if you feel like posting pictures. Your passion for authentic details tells me this is going to be one beautiful layout.

p51, I remember getting Pet ice cream in school as a child so you got me to looking. The only image wth a date I could find was from an ended eBay auction. The back of the sign shows a date of 1927.
image.jpg

p51

One Too Many
I'd love to see - and I'd bet others would too - what you have built so far, if you feel like posting pictures. Your passion for authentic details tells me this is going to be one beautiful layout.
I haven't start scenery yet, but that's coming very soon. Click here to see more if you're interested.
I need to get some more up-close photos of the period details I've worked on so far...
20150331_234315_resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points