Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peter Pan

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
As Bogart said

In the movie "The Big Sleep" , Bogart tells Carmen Stenwood that Peter Pan is "a guy I met in a pool hall" hahahah I guess the sensors cleaned up that old joke, even back in 1945!!

Enjoy the movie..let me know..my kid might love it!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Peter Pan is a delightful film. From the images I had seen, I thoought that is was going to be a much darker, more dramtic movie compared to the Disney version. Actually it was pretty light hearted and pays more than a little homage to the animated classic. It is basically the same story line with a few slight twists....like having Wendy fight pirates with swords too (to avoid NOW protesters, no doubt).

The cinematography by Donald McAlpine was superb and the art direction was nearly perfect. The casting director made great choices. Every character was believable....except Tinkerbell. The approach to the fairy character was very poor. She came across like a bad amateur mime.

The Austrailian crew did a good job...but there are a few details that you tell that it was not done by a top notch Hollywood crew. The snow is a good example. It wasn't as realistic.

There were very few less than great choices. Peter Pan is a small child's ultimate fantasy of adventure.......as it should be.

Dalexs

Practically Family
MK,

Did you bring your daughter to see this movie and if
so what was her reaction.

I thought I'd like to see it with my 6 yo but from the trailers, he thinks it looks too scary (this coming from a kid you can recite the entire history of the Japanese godzilla movies.)

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana