Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pic request: Grey Akubra Stylemaster

citRon

A-List Customer
Thanks...I was hoping for a pic of it in Moonstone. There was a link in that post, but the Flicker pic was gone...

Sargon

Familiar Face
I've got a Stylemaster in moonstone and I'll try to get a pic up sometime tonight. The ribbon is so dark gray it might as well be black. Hats direct has them but you have to ask as they are not listed on their site. This is one of my favorites.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I have the Stylemaster in steel gray, and I must say that it actually looks a bit darker than the picture on HatsDirect makes it appear to be. Here is a pic of mine:
akubra_style_9.jpg

citRon

A-List Customer
ScionPI2005 said:
I have the Stylemaster in steel gray, and I must say that it actually looks a bit darker than the picture on HatsDirect makes it appear to be. Here is a pic of mine:
akubra_style_9.jpg

Does it have that much taper, or is it the angle of the picture?

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
citRon said:
Does it have that much taper, or is it the angle of the picture?

The angle of the picture does make the taper look more extensive than it actually is, though yes, the hat does have a bit of a taper. Sorry, I don't currently have another pic of me wearing that one at more of a level angle.

jec

One of the Regulars
Here is the same hat from head-on, showing the profile with less of the taper effect. This is pretty true to the color, as well. But sorry about the out-of-focus me.

JimGrayHat.jpg

By the way, I am considering listing mine in the Classifieds; I am thinking I'd rather have a lighter gray like the Moonstone ... so if anyone wants a mid-gray Stylemaster, send me a PM -- it's a size 59.

jec

One of the Regulars
Yes, in dim lighting conditions, the mid-gray is too close to looking like a black hat, I think. Although, as you can see, in bright light, it is a really nice bluish-charcoal gray. Oh well.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
jecoe@earthlink said:
Yes, in dim lighting conditions, the mid-gray is too close to looking like a black hat, I think. Although, as you can see, in bright light, it is a really nice bluish-charcoal gray. Oh well.

I've noticed this as well. I actually wouldn't mind it if the steel gray was just a little bit lighter. Still, that's the only thing that surprised me about the hat when I got it, otherwise its great!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
citRon said:
If anyone has a gray Stylemaster, I'd like to see pics. please!
I searched, and saw Acorn samples...

I was looking at the carbon/steel/graphite grey Stylemaster in Strand Hatters today...'tis a wonderful shade!

panama jack

One of the Regulars
I also have the stylemaster in medium grey. I do like it but wish it was a little lighter.
Well...now it's just an excuse to buy another one in moonstone grey :)

pj

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I've been thinking of buying the Mid-grey, good to hear that it's dark before I receive it! I thought my "Carbon Grey" Fedora was going to be a lighter shade based on the pics at Hatsdirect, but it's near black.

Guess when I bite the bullet I'll just plan on the 3 month wait for Moonstone.

jec

One of the Regulars
Well, that does it. Sounds almost unanimous. We all think the mid-gray is a darker shade than we expected when we ordered our Stylemasters. Are the photos that the dealers are posting misleading? Maybe.

BTW: it doesn't sound like there will be a rush of PMs if I decide to sell my mid-gray hat in the Classifieds! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points