Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of my long await Aero Stockman

univibe88

One Too Many
Here are some pictures of my newly arrived Aero Stockman. I ordered it way back in Feb! I have no idea why it took so long, but I don't really care. It was too warm to wear it during the delay anyway.

I ordered a Stockman in its "stock" length. I simply provided my chest (inhaled/exhaled), waist and sleeve lengths (to wrist bone and thumb joint) - as well as my suit and dress shirt sizes. I didn't specify a certain size. I do wear a 44R suit and expected to receive that size jacket, but Aero selected a 42 for me in this model.

It fits perfectly. It is roomy and will easily go over a thick sweater. I would be swimming in a 44. The sleeve lengths are perfect.

For options I only asked for an inside coat wallet pocket and a name tag, which the sewed inside the lower left side. I also asked them omit the storm cuffs and to stop the inside liner about 4 inches from the end of the cuff. I didn't want my watch wearing against fabric, rather against leather.

It's raining here in Boston today, so I took a little stroll in the rain to start the break in.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Kid Mac

Practically Family
Karl,

Outstanding jacket/coat. Fit looks spot on. The lining you chose nicely complements the leather. What pattern is that?

Again, it looks great. I imagine you'll get many compliments.

Cheers,

Mac

Southernwayfare

One of the Regulars
Beautiful coat. Great fit. The lining looks great. The brown looks very nice - it appears to be significantly darker than the brown FQHH of my original Cheyenne. Its often difficult to judge from photos. Can you comment on the relative shade of the brown?

univibe88

One Too Many
Thank you all for your kind words. It is very stiff right now, but Boston has cold winters and I am sure by spring it will be nicely broken in.

The lining is Lochcarron Tartan - Green Scott Hunter.

Southernwayfare, it is hard to compare shade from different photos. However, it does appear that mine may be darker than your original Cheyenne. I did specifically request a dark brown. Perhaps part of my long wait was caused by them waiting for a particularly dark brown leather to be available for me.

Let's grab a drink some time and we can grab a photo of your vintage brown next to my "modern."

matei

One Too Many
The fit is similar to my Barnstormer, as is the colour. Very nice indeed.

I was considering one of these before I settled on the Barnstormer, I see that the fit is very similar.

Mine was very stiff, and is slowly softening up. Wear it as often as you can, and it will break in!

univibe88

One Too Many
If this were a sportcoat or suit jacket, yes I would say they are too long. But it is not a suit jacket. For a coat I like the sleeve to come down to my thumb joint. Also, as the horsehide breaks in and creases around my elbow the sleeve will shorten a smidge. I think the sleeve length is perfect.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
univibe88 said:
If this were a sportcoat or suit jacket, yes I would say they are too long. But it is not a suit jacket. For a coat I like the sleeve to come down to my thumb joint. Also, as the horsehide breaks in and creases around my elbow the sleeve will shorten a smidge. I think the sleeve length is perfect.

I'm sure you're right- the sleeves will "ride up with wear",
as someone once said. But I have also observed quite the opposite happening, as the rest of the coat moves, stretches, relaxes and settles to
one's shape.
Let's see it on you again, in 6 months. :)

B
T

Lear

One of the Regulars
Whether it's for real, or a trick of the light - that hide is the best I've seen on FL. I also love your choice of lining. They compliment each other perfectly.

bobjones

A-List Customer
Hi Karl, glad to see another Stockman owner amongst the giants...

The FQHH is definitely darker than the version Will was using in 2008, perhaps the persistent requests from us and other regular Aero customers led him to push Horween for a darker shade of brown, and away from the "rustier" style of the past.

It also looks like it could be coming from the older, 9-year old FQHH Will had "sitting in the basement" that he used on my Hwyman this summer, which is also significantly darker than my 2008-made Stockman.

The fit is excellent, a nice, snug fit that even on the back and 3/4 looks does not appear to stick out too far as to look overly large. I also wear a 44R suit, and my Stockman, while slightly reduced from Aero's standard 44 IIRC, does fit me a bit roomier than yours. That's fine though, as it is my winter coat, and is usually layered with heavy sweaters underneath.

As for the sleeves, I do agree they are a bit too long... [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana