Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pike Bros Sweat shirt and T shirt question.

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Hello agents,

I'm in the market for some vintage style sweats and three button t shirts. I see Aero Leather stock some pretty pricy garments of this ilk by Pike Bros and I'm wondering if they are worth the brass and more importantly, what makes them worth that kind of price tag?

I'm not adverse to spending a bit on clothing but it's got to be of a quality that matches the tag.

All the best

Garry

Edward

Bartender
Never owned one, but I've handled them. The price is about what I'd expect to pay for something of that quality in the current market. To me, they seem to be as good as Buzz Rickson stuff, though probably much chepaer than the equivalent Buzz products would be in Europe. They certainly aren't cheap, but for what you get I don't think they're a rip-off or anything.

Lord Flashheart

A-List Customer
Thanks for the responses guys.

Edward, I think I'm yet to read a poor review on any of Pike Brothers goods do I'm pretty confident on getting quality apparel, I'm just wondering what I can expect from an expensive T shirt/sweatshirt that I won't get with a cheaper high street item

JackieMatra, yes, it's henleys that I am looking at but the fact that there are thousands out there is the problem (it's a hard life!) that I have. Way too much choice for me to compute!

Is there an brands I should be aware of?

Regards

Garry

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I purchased a Pike Bros sweat and it was excellent quality for the money. Recently bought a pair of their 60's style jeans...the best Denim I've personally owned (my go to pair). Leather lanyard also didn't disappoint & goes every-where with me! Pike Bros....highly recommended by me :)

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
I compared T-Shirts and Henley shirts, of "store brands" from Walmart, Target, and Sears, with much higher priced shirts from an "upscale" store.
The assortment of colors in each store was different, but the fabric appeared identical in weave and weight, the stitching appeared to be identical, and the cut of the shirts appeared to be of the same identical pattern. The only apparent difference was the stamps on the inside of the shirts with the brand name, size, material, and place of manufacture, which in all cases was Thailand, and which left me with the very strong suspicion that there was a very good likelihood that all the shirts were quite possibly sewn in the very same building in Thailand.
I won't deny that there are often differences in quality between lower and higher priced apparel, but in the case of simple S/M/L/XL sized cotton garments such as tees or henleys, you don't at all necessarily get what you overpay for. I've been happily buying this sort of apparel from the lowest priced places that I've been able to find, such as The Deal Rack ( http://www.thedealrack.com/mens-clothing.html ) and Walmart ( http://www.walmart.com/cp/133197 ), with never any problems or regrets. (Walmart's casual/work wear label is "Faded Glory", and the blue jeans that I've bought from them over the years have all lasted me for years, and the most recent ones purchased within this past year cost less than $10 each.)

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think Pike Brothers'stuff isn't made in Asia but Turkey. At least it's in Europe and they might pay their workers a better wage. The "made in the same factory" situation might apply to Ralph Lauren or Levis though which are as pricey.

I haven't handled their sweatshirts but waistcoats and trousers and they are well made with strong fabric.

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
I've got a Pike N-1 jacket, and really like the fit, and quality of it. I wouldn't hesitate to order some of their other offerings, but am pretty much set for denim, and shirts at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points