Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PIKE BROTHERS N1 Deck Jacket - Waxed Olive Medium

Claybertrand

One Too Many
For your consideration, a gently used Pike Brothers N1 Deck Jacket in Waxed Olive sized TRUE Medium. I am the second owner of this jacket and I have never worn it other than one attempted try on. (YEAH YEAH YEAH---everyone says something like that!!!) Seriously ---- my situation is 100% honestly that I cannot fit into this jacket.

BACKSTORY (if interested) :

Ok, so I bought a used Medium Pike Brothers N1 from a well known and reputable Lounger late last year. The one I bought was the "Omaha" model which some refer to as "Khaki". It is a goldish sort of khaki beige. Anyway, I LOVE this jacket. Though it is a bit warm for my climate, I live coastally and run a bit cold so it works for me and fits well. The Pike Brothers N1 is known to run big and I normally fall into the LARGE category. So I bought the Medium knowing it runs big and that the seller was/is very much my size. I also viewed the measurements online at several retailers. The fit was/is great.

I liked the jacket so much I wanted to get a second one in the Olive Green. Eventually I found this one online and bought it without hesitation. The jacket arrived as advertised with very very little wear and in great shape. The problem is that even though it is the same tagged size Medium, it is smaller than the one I previously bought in that same tagged size. I am including measurements below for your review. This jacket was sold to me as "Waxed Olive" and it does seem to have a different slightly stiffer feel to the jungle cloth/bedford cord outer shell than the regular unwaxed jacket I previously bought. I don't know if this jacket runs smaller because it is waxed but i do know that I cannot fit into the jacket. Not ever. Not after fasting for 3 months. Not after a rib removal. NOT EVER!! Sadly (for me) it seems to be more of a TRUE Medium as opposed the models that are said to "run big". I would say this jacket is more a 38-40 whereas I fall into the 42-46 depending on the jacket and vintage. PLEASE SEE ALL MEASUREMENTS BELOW TO ENSURE PROPER FIT.

Color:
This jacket color is a dark, brownish, olive green with a sharply contrasting dark blackish brown wool collar and liner. Some of the photos may make it look like the outer color might be a light khaki or drab green---- but this is not the case. It's dark brownish olive green.

Condition:
Condition is good to very good with very little light wear mainly to the inner waistband. It has been stored since I bought it and as stated, I tried it on once (or tried to). The material ("Jungle Cloth" ) is still stiff and not substantially broken in. No stains or foul smells.

Measurements w Jacket lying flat:
Pit to Pit: 23" Stretched Straight Across the Chest
Shoulders: 17.75" Shoulder seam to Shoulder seam stretched flat across the back
Rear Length: 26" From Collar Seam to Bottom Hem Stretched Flat
Sleeve Length: 26" From Shoulder Seam to End of Cuff Stretched Straight Down Sleeve

***Keep in mind this jacket does have a moderately bulky build and a wool liner that makes it fit a tad smaller than these outside measurements may indicate. Also, on a broken in model, the sleeves will crease some and fit shorter than 26". The sleeves do also have storm cuffs.***

These Pike Bros. jackets are well made with Talon replica main zippers and a handy inner pocket that the original N1 jackets from the US Navy did not have. Very durable and warm jackets with the wool lining. Pike Brothers represent a more affordable N1 Deck Jacket option when compared with the Japanese made jackets (Buzz Rickson, Real McCoy, IronHeart) and the Dehen models from the US. I have handled Bronson N1 jackets and find the Pike Brothers to be superior in fit and quality overall. I especially find the liner to be better quality and warmer.

So if you have been looking at N1s or in the market for a very warm jacket that is well made, versatile and looks cool---maybe this one works for you.

Price: $225 shipped to the CONUS
Payment Method: PayPal F&F

Photo Batch #1 attached #2 to follow

Attachments

• Zipped Front.jpg
    Zipped Front.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 179
  • Throat Clasp Close Up.jpg
    Throat Clasp Close Up.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Collar Close Up 2.jpg
    Collar Close Up 2.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Collar and Shoulders Buttoned.jpg
    Collar and Shoulders Buttoned.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Buttoned Up Front.jpg
    Buttoned Up Front.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Label.jpg
    Label.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Spread Open.jpg
    Spread Open.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Rear View.jpg
    Rear View.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 149
  • Zipped Up Front.jpg
    Zipped Up Front.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Zipped Wide.jpg
    Zipped Wide.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 133

Claybertrand

One Too Many
For your consideration, a gently used Pike Brothers N1 Deck Jacket in Waxed Olive sized TRUE Medium. I am the second owner of this jacket and I have never worn it other than one attempted try on. (YEAH YEAH YEAH---everyone says something like that!!!) Seriously ---- my situation is 100% honestly that I cannot fit into this jacket.

BACKSTORY (if interested) :

Ok, so I bought a used Medium Pike Brothers N1 from a well known and reputable Lounger late last year. The one I bought was the "Omaha" model which some refer to as "Khaki". It is a goldish sort of khaki beige. Anyway, I LOVE this jacket. Though it is a bit warm for my climate, I live coastally and run a bit cold so it works for me and fits well. The Pike Brothers N1 is known to run big and I normally fall into the LARGE category. So I bought the Medium knowing it runs big and that the seller was/is very much my size. I also viewed the measurements online at several retailers. The fit was/is great.

I liked the jacket so much I wanted to get a second one in the Olive Green. Eventually I found this one online and bought it without hesitation. The jacket arrived as advertised with very very little wear and in great shape. The problem is that even though it is the same tagged size Medium, it is smaller than the one I previously bought in that same tagged size. I am including measurements below for your review. This jacket was sold to me as "Waxed Olive" and it does seem to have a different slightly stiffer feel to the jungle cloth/bedford cord outer shell than the regular unwaxed jacket I previously bought. I don't know if this jacket runs smaller because it is waxed but i do know that I cannot fit into the jacket. Not ever. Not after fasting for 3 months. Not after a rib removal. NOT EVER!! Sadly (for me) it seems to be more of a TRUE Medium as opposed the models that are said to "run big". I would say this jacket is more a 38-40 whereas I fall into the 42-46 depending on the jacket and vintage. PLEASE SEE ALL MEASUREMENTS BELOW TO ENSURE PROPER FIT.

Color:
This jacket color is a dark, brownish, olive green with a sharply contrasting dark blackish brown wool collar and liner. Some of the photos may make it look like the outer color might be a light khaki or drab green---- but this is not the case. It's dark brownish olive green.

Condition:
Condition is good to very good with very little light wear mainly to the inner waistband. It has been stored since I bought it and as stated, I tried it on once (or tried to). The material ("Jungle Cloth" ) is still stiff and not substantially broken in. No stains or foul smells.

Measurements w Jacket lying flat:
Pit to Pit: 23" Stretched Straight Across the Chest
Shoulders: 17.75" Shoulder seam to Shoulder seam stretched flat across the back
Rear Length: 26" From Collar Seam to Bottom Hem Stretched Flat
Sleeve Length: 26" From Shoulder Seam to End of Cuff Stretched Straight Down Sleeve

***Keep in mind this jacket does have a moderately bulky build and a wool liner that makes it fit a tad smaller than these outside measurements may indicate. Also, on a broken in model, the sleeves will crease some and fit shorter than 26". The sleeves do also have storm cuffs.***

These Pike Bros. jackets are well made with Talon replica main zippers and a handy inner pocket that the original N1 jackets from the US Navy did not have. Very durable and warm jackets with the wool lining. Pike Brothers represent a more affordable N1 Deck Jacket option when compared with the Japanese made jackets (Buzz Rickson, Real McCoy, IronHeart) and the Dehen models from the US. I have handled Bronson N1 jackets and find the Pike Brothers to be superior in fit and quality overall. I especially find the liner to be better quality and warmer.

So if you have been looking at N1s or in the market for a very warm jacket that is well made, versatile and looks cool---maybe this one works for you.

Price: $225 shipped to the CONUS
Payment Method: PayPal F&F

Photo Batch #1 attached #2 to follow
Photos continued:

Attachments

• Storm Cuffs.jpg
    Storm Cuffs.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Talon Base.jpg
    Talon Base.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Bedford Cord Close Up.jpg
    Bedford Cord Close Up.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Wool Liner.jpg
    Wool Liner.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Light Wasitband Wear.jpg
    Light Wasitband Wear.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 188

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Thanks bro!!! As stated, I am totally stoked for you man!!!!!! I know it will get L E G I T use up there. I really hope you enjoy it : )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21