Pima Air and Space Museum

Discussion in 'WWII' started by too much coffee, Jul 29, 2010.

1. too much coffee

too much coffee Practically Family

Just thought I'd give a shout out to the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson, AZ.
    Took some family members there yesterday and even though I had been 3 times previous, I discovered more things I hadn't really noticed before.
    Of particular interest is the hangar with a B-17(G I believe) and dedicated to the 390th Bomb Group. Many A-2 jackets with painted art and other equipment. Another building dedicated to the PTO. Beau coup war planes parked on the premises outside.
    If you can, stop in and see it, it's right off I-10 just to the South of Tucson city limits........well worth the visit!

2. cco23i

cco23i A-List Customer

The 390th section is run by the 390th and is actually sepperate from th Pima section. (There is also a bit of problems between the two).[huh]

Scott

3. storman113

storman113 Familiar Face

Made visit to the Pima Air Museum, WOW!!! If into planes at all a must visit. And the Bone Yard is a plus.

Story of a P51 pilot is totally amazing. Given credit and a medal for shooting down an American plane! Only one of three pilots to get kills on German, Italian and Japanese planes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. HepKitty

HepKitty One Too Many

I've heard about this place. I have to go!

5. Treetopflyer

Treetopflyer Practically Family

It is truly an amazing place. If you like aviation, it is a must see museum. I rank it in the top three best aviation museums.

6. storman113

storman113 Familiar Face

I was totally awed on my visit. What places to could top it? Been to the one in Merced, Cal. Thought it was above board with a B36 and SR71.

7. azhiker

azhiker One of the Regulars

I used to live in Tucson, and have been to Pima several times. On that note,I have been to Smithsonian, and to Wright Patterson..it ranks with the rest as one of the best!

8. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

I've driven past it everyday for almost 20 years and I still haven't been in. :eek::eek:
    I really need to do that someday (as well as visit Kitt Peak!)

9. azhiker

azhiker One of the Regulars

I used to work for Learjet/bombardier, and we would circle Kitt Peak on our flight tests. It is a spendid view! I really miss Tucson!