Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pinup ties.

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
hey gents.

I was curious if anyone had any pinup ties, hand painted, or peek a boo pinup ties with the pinup under the bottom, or otherwise. I look forward to seeing your loot!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I've collected them for years Mr. Maltby, but they are packed away still from the move. Don't get much chance to wear them up here in the woods. I don't like the "peek-a-boo" ties as much as the hand painted of the late 40's-50s. Although I sold a few to a private collector, I still have at least a dozen. I'm afraid pics are out of the question for a while.;)

smokeyjunior

New in Town
about 8 years ago while on vacation in Vegas i saw some repro pin up ties in a shop in Caesars palace - they looked great but extremly expensive, exactly how much i can not remember but my wife would not let me go in for a closer look ! can anyone remeber these ?

Salv

One Too Many
Several years ago one of the UK high street menswear shops was selling wide ties with the famous nude Marilyn Monroe picture from Playboy printed on them. I bought one in red, but are we allowed to post pictures of naked women in the Lounge?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
I sold a few to a private collector
I got to thinking: Is there any other kind of collector? (As opposed to collection?)

In the 78 record game, "private collector" usually means a hoarder - no sell, no trade, no tape, no share. People who do share are just "collectors."

Salv

One Too Many
A (censored) Marilyn Monroe, U.S. made rayon tie, bought in a UK high street menswear shop (it may have been Top Man, or possibly Burtons) some time in the 1980s. They've never sold anything like this again, and they had the same tie in blue or green.

MMtie.jpg

There's a printed label on the back that reads
SAINT PIERRE
CALIFORNIA
HAND SCREENED
ORIGINALS

The tag on the thin end reads "Made in the U.S.A. - RN 42763 - 100% Rayon"

wowandflutter

New in Town
pinup ties

i'm in the market for one of those adorable ties that open to reveal a nude/pinup girl inside of them. i'm planning to get one for a friend for his birthday.

what would be the official name for a tie of this sort ? a peekaboo tie ? & what is a good online resource for such ties ? i have only found one or two on ebay in the last few weeks... perhaps i'm searching with the wrong words. are there some exceptional online vintage shops that have an assortment of ties ?

my apologies as well if this has been covered previously... i couldn't find any specific threads on the subject, but i'm somewhat new.

Marty M.

Vendor
Pin me up too.

I've been thinking the same thing. I'd love to buy and sell them in my store. Maybe one of our Fedora Lounge Pinup model or artist could come up with their own line.
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider