Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pipe Cleaner Curler

shamrocq

New in Town
I was in a store the other week and noticed something which look like pipe cleaners. Later after I flipped through the Turudich book, I saw that she mentioned about using pipe cleaner as a curling device. I would like to know if any of you lovely ladies here have tried this method and whether it's sleepable with these one. I found a link about it:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1173.htm

also, the pipe cleaners I saw are somewhat fatter than the normal craft type.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
I have never seen or heard this before. It leaves a pretty extreme curl in those photos, but the article also talks about "perm solutions", so that's probably why. I would say that in theory, it should work just as well as anything else, just keep in mind that it's going to create really tight curls. My only concern about sleeping in them would be the ends of the pipe cleaners. They have sharp metal in them, and I'd hate to get stuck or scratched by them. if you try this, please update!
Welcome aboard!!

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
I don't think I would want to use anything metal with perm solutions either.
I seem to remember that being a recipe for disaster.

shamrocq

New in Town
Real Swell Gal said:
I don't think I would want to use anything metal with perm solutions either.
I seem to remember that being a recipe for disaster.

lol

Yeah I know what you girls mean my the pointy metal ends of pipe cleaners. If I do get to try them, I will surely post some updates. Thanks.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
as crazy as it seems, i'v tried it. it took me forever to set my hair with them and at the end my hair was more frizzy rather than curly. at least my son had his fun pulling them out of my hair lol

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Odd you mention Pipe cleaners as curlers....I did mine with them about two weeks ago for a history day.
Di-saster!
Frizz-topia!
had to cut a chunk out of my hair to get them out.

:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana