Plain crosszips?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by MegaLARP, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:25 AM.

1. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

So I've been looking around and I'm just not seeing a ton of these at all. Stuff like in the pic attached, but maybe with a tighter waist than schott's got, and ideally in colors other than black. Any of these around?

Attached Files:

2. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Aero Bootlegger. Just tell the colour you fancy - brown, cordovan, tan - and ask them to put a pair of simple Highway cuffs on it, perhaps wipe out of the chest zip and remove the lapel snaps.

Guppy, seres, Mandarin and 1 other person like this.
  3. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

I was emailing sam at aero about a minimal cross zip based on the j106. Sounded open to it.

4. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

I guess I should've mentioned that I was looking for something I could find used first, is there pretty much nothing there?

5. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

MegaLARP likes this.
  6. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Also, plenty of bootleggers have come and gone through here if you’re not in a rush.

El Marro and MegaLARP like this.
  7. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

MegaLARP likes this.
  8. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Pretty much any police cross zip will work. Cal, Bates has one without the coin pocket, Langlitz, etc.

Then Aero, Schott, etc. all make basic, streamlined, simple yet outstanding cross zips.

I would set up some basic searches on eBay and then wait, like a trap-door spider. To me, this is part of the fun.

9. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

Thanks for the tips guys, I guess I just have to figure out what to watch for here and set up some ebay presets. So many things are really close, but they'll still have a coin pocket or belt loops or something too.

It also kinda blows my mind how few of these are brown, it looks so good on em to me I'd have expected it more.

10. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

no doubt. Finding one with all your tweaks is a PIA, been there. Sometimes it’s best to just have someone custom make your jacket.

11. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

Your pic is schott 503 from sop?

12. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

P213

13. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

14. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

You could design something really minimalist and cool starting from a M-200 Johnson Leathers pattern. For less than or around the same price a new Schott.

15. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Too bad you weren’t around here a couple years ago. This would’ve fit you quite well. Bought and sold for $150. Bates quality!
    https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/information-requested-on-this-obscure-leather-jacket.88345/

16. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Bates.

MegaLARP likes this.
  17. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

upload_2019-11-9_16-53-59.jpeg

MegaLARP likes this.
  18. Bjorn240

Bjorn240 One of the Regulars

My horsehide Schott-made Legendary Black horse seems to meet your criteria. Has belt loops but otherwise totally clean.

[​IMG]

El Marro, MegaLARP and JMax like this.
  19. MegaLARP

MegaLARP Familiar Face

Yeah, that definitely does look nice... I think I still would prefer brown though. I should add, I'm actually kind of avoiding going all-in on a new or custom jacket. I was given that schott as a gift, but that's kind of an outlier for me because nearly everything else I buy is used.

I actually was looking at their stuff, didn't see the M200 but that looks like a pretty good base. Definitely on the list if I can't find anything used.

That thing is sick. This is like the goal here for me, find some obscure jacket for basically peanuts that fits perfectly, kinda like what you did with that Cafe racer. If I can't find anything used then I guess I can go new or custom but like JMax said, a lot of the fun in this for me is trying to figure it out without having somebody custom make me something or paying a lot (I'm also just pretty). I just have no idea what style to even keyword for this thing, so I've been wading through everything titled "Crosszip" on ebay

nick123 likes this.
  20. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Hang around long enough and I’ll probably find it, buy it, love it...and sell it. To you. LOL. For real though.

torfjord, Bjorn240 and MegaLARP like this.