Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Platon J.A. Dubow, Russet, Size 44

Juanito

One of the Regulars
I have had a number of acquisitions as of late and I need to cull a few jackets from the jacket armoire. I am offering up this Platon Dubow that I acquired last August. You can see the initial review I posted on the Vintage Leather Jacket site when I first received the jacket here:

[/URL]

While I wore the jacket from August into the fall, it hasn't seen much use. There are a few scrapes on it as shown in the photos. What I will say is that the finish holds up far better than a Good Wear or a Diamond Dave jacket and that comes from direct ownership. It is a great jacket and if I was buying a new repro, this is what I would buy.

Jacket Measurements:

Chest front: 23.5"
Shoulders: 18.0" (This seems narrow to me for a size 44 jacket)
Back from base of collar to waistband: 20.5"
Front, entire windflap: 22.5"
Sleeve from epaulet to cuff: 22.5"

For reference I am 5' 8" and weigh 170 lbs. I wear a 42 suit and a 16 x 33 dress shirt and have a 34" waist.

I used the measurements from Platon's site and it landed me right in the middle of the 44 range. Typically I have been buying size 46 A-2s, but for some reason chose a 44 here. It fits just like my original Perry A-2s in the way the shoulders square up and through the torso as well as the Good Wear 1401 Werber I owned and the Eastman 1402-P War Horse jacket I also owned, both size 44. In other words it is true to a WWII size, and is more like a modern 42.

The jacket is a little tight as expected--I could not wear a sweatshirt under it but it is not uncomfortable with a t-shirt.

Here are the current pictures. I would encourage you to read the initial review for specific details and comments.

$450 shipped in the US. Will ship internationally for the exact cost of shipping via USPS Global Priority mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy