1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Please help identify this a2

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by somer37, Jan 10, 2019.

1. somer37

somer37 New in Town

hello all, new member here asking for help identifying this a2. Ive had almost all makers jackets at one time or another, and this one is stumping me.

The inner lining and stitch detail is top notch. The leather feels almost identical to my HH Gibson and Barnes, but the sizing is a little different. The seller had it listed as a possible Japanese maker, but all of those I’ve had to size up on, and this fits pretty well. ( usually a 46-52)
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

3. regius

regius One Too Many

A courageous attempt at the high end A2 repro market. But the neck snap being exposed is a big no no. Ring snap on a RW no no. Curious if that horsehide smells? Leather could be from South America or could be from Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloan1874 likes this.
  4. regius

regius One Too Many

I think if they stop calling all of their A2 RW18091, and just use a house label, the perception of blatant inaccuracy would be much lessened. They do separate semi-aniline leather, chrome tanned, and veg tanned, they also describes a hand dying process and how the tea core may show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloan1874 likes this.