Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plus size vintage and vintage inspired

Rosie

One Too Many
Please let me know if you are interested in any of these things and I will post wonderful pictures. I'm admitting I don't want to spend time taking and posting pictures if no one is interested.

Vintage and Vintage inspired clothing for sale.

-Vintage - Wool and fox fur coat. This coat is from the 1950s, its beige in color with beige fox fur around the collar and wrists. Its swing style and gorgeous! This coat is not like anything you'll find now days. Its fully lined, thick, and heavy. It has hidden closures and the button that closes at the neck is a beautiful pink/coral colored button that kind of looks like a stone. This will easily fit a size 3X accommodating about a 50 inch bust with free waist and hips because it is swing style. Asking $300, $20 shipping or best offer. (This is a heavy, fully lined wool coat, hence the high shipping charge. When folded, the coat is bulky and will require a bigger box.)

- Vintage Inspired - Dennis Basco Faux Fur size 3X. This coat comes to the middle of my calves, I'm 5'9". Is dark faux mink, fits up to a 54 inch bust and 58 inch hip comfortably. Asking $75, $15 shipping or best offer.

-Vintage Inspired - 3 50's style cinch waist swing dresses. These are a modern 3 or 4X. They are size 28, current Lane Bryant sizing. About a 56 inch bust, 50 inch waist, free hips. I have one in navy, maroon and red with tiny white polka dots. Asking $25 each or best offer, $8 shipping.

-Vintage - Mid 50's classic Lane Bryant dress. Original and in perfect condition. This dress is navy with tiny white polka dots. Will fit a modern 3 or 4X, 58 inch bust, 51 inch waist sort of free hips since the skirt of the dress sort of flares but, will probably look best on about a 62-64 inch hips. Asking $75 or best offer, $8 shipping.

-Vintage- White and floral party dress. I've never worn this. The dress is mainly white with large flowers. The neckline of the dress is a pretty coral color with white faux pearls. Admittedly, this dress has sweat stains but, it doesn't smell and if someone really wants to, they could probably get them out. I was just too afraid to try to do so with a vintage piece. Asking $30 or best offer, $8 shipping.

-Vintage Inspired- 40's style dress by Torrid. This dress is fitted through the waist and semi-flared from above the hip. Its made of polyester but very comfy. It has a small self belt that ties around the waist. Would fit a 58 inch bust, about 50 inch waist, 60+ inch hips. Asking $15 or best offer, $8 shipping.

-Vintage- Lemon yellow peignor set. Very pretty and in excellent condition. Never worn, brand new vintage. The neckline and arms of the gown are made of the most beautiful lace. The body of the gown is sheer, the matching robe has the beautiful lace around the breast area and is sheer from below the breast down. The robe closes with a beautiful button which has a rhinestone in the center. This is a bit smaller than the other items and would probably work best for a size 1X, maybe 2X if you have smaller arms. Asking $50 or best offer, $8 shipping.

If you are interested in any of these items, please let me know and I will take and post pictures. With a new baby, its hard to take pics and write descriptions, I don't want to take the time to do all of that work if no one is interested. Its taken me about 7 hours just to get this written. Hope you understand.

JennyLou

Practically Family
If it's not too much of an inconvienece, may you please post pics. I am especially interested in the white an dfloral party dress.

Rosie

One Too Many
White and Floral Party Dress

Sorry for the delay.

0502092202b.jpg

0502092202c.jpg

0502092202d.jpg

0502092202a.jpg

Esme

One of the Regulars
Wow, isn't that pretty!! I might be interested in the Peignoir and the other dresses. Could the dresses be easily taken in, do you think? I am about a size or two smaller, I would guess.

Rosie

One Too Many
Hi,

I don't think taking them in would be a great idea unless done by an extremely talented seamstress. There is a lot of fabric in the skirts of the dress, two of them are full circles and one is a circle and a half. Also, the breast part might be a little tricky. Honestly, the dresses were bigger on me, I just cinched them in some but, I don't think they would work if you were much smaller.

Sorry and thanks.

Esme

One of the Regulars
Well, when I look at your picture, I DON'T think I am any smaller, but I am so danged short!! Can I see pictures? I am seriously interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ