Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Favourite Style of jacket

What is your favourite style of jacket?

• A2

• Field Coat

• Sheepskin Military Style

• Cross Zip

• Cafe Racer

• Half Belt

• Car Coat

• Other

• Nylon Flight Jacket

• Trucker/Sherpa

Results are only viewable after voting.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The picture of the recent London meetup really surprised me by how many of the members seemed to favour the cross zip style jacket. (great picture btw.....I hope you don't mind me using it here?)

IMG_0028.jpeg

This got me thinking, I know we all pretty much love all the styles, but for fun I thought it would be interesting to know which is your "favourite", you only get to choose 1.....choose wisely!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
If i only have one jacket it would be center zip with a pair of slant chest pockets, so i picked cafe racer because it is the closest :)

ProteinNerd

You guys look like a gang of some kind. But in an actually really cool way! Wish I was there...

Anyway, what, no trucker style? I didn't expect this kind of discrimination on this forum. Still, my vote goes to CR.

Damn! I actually had trucker style in there as an option just for you initially but changed a few options and forgot to replace it ...sorry

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
I voted for "half belt' as it is the closest to my Eastman Luftwaffe/Schott 689H/441PP collared café racer personal obsession !

I do have both Schott and Vanson café racers as well so it was a close thing...

Edward

Bartender
I voted half belt, but to qualify that, the single most versatile leather jacket in my collection by far, imesafnsho, is my Aero Bootlegger, which is, ultimately, a 50s halfbelt with a cross-zip front (I also had button cuffs put on mine rather than the engineer sleeves the 50s HB usually carries).

El Marro

That’s a great picture!
This was a tough choice for me because I really love halfbelts but I find myself reaching for a crosszip more often than anything else.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Who's the bearded chap to the left of Mysteryo? That's probably my pick of the bunch, if I were reluctantly forced to choose among them. Great picture.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think I recognize at least a couple of you guys from previous Lounge pictures. Edward and Carlos? Others too whose names I don't recall as well. You guys are standing in front of a fantastic store. As I remember, I took the London Tube to the LL store from our hotel location at Victoria Station, and think it was the Goodge Street Station where I exited and walked to the LL store. Wish I could have been there with you guys (blokes). BTW I voted for the Half Belt although I love my two Sheenes but unsure whether either would be categorized as a Cafe Racer because of the collar?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Who's the bearded chap to the left of Mysteryo? That's probably my pick of the bunch, if I were reluctantly forced to choose among them. Great picture.

Thas me, with the Freewheelers LaBrea.

(although i don't think the poll was about choosing one of the jackets we wore that day!)

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
@Carlos840 I was pretty certain that was you. As I recall you currently live in London but are not originally from the UK, maybe Holland or Belgium? @Mysteryo I thought recognized you too, and maybe from a watch forum as well although I could be wrong about the latter forum.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Thas me, with the Freewheelers LaBrea.

(although i don't think the poll was about choosing one of the jackets we wore that day!)
To do a proper poll, we need choices. How many styles are there?

I have cross zips, D-pocket cross zips, cafe racers, truckers, and car coats, mostly. I'm not sure what you'd call the shawl collar, sometimes they're compared to the A-1 aviator,but they are different without knits if you ask me. Couldn't really tell you which is my favorite style, though. That's why I have so many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ