Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomade

Lee M Roberts

Familiar Face
In the UK (as far as I can tell) we have very limited supplies of Pomade, basically mail order stuff, we have American Crew brand and Georgia Brown...and they cost between £6 and £10 a tub ($10-$15) are they any good or should one just stick to brylcreem?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I prefer the American Crew over the Brylcreem, and your price seems about right. I've paid as little as $10.50, and as much as $13.95.

Brad

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I got this product as a gift from my girlfriend.
http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/catal...ist_Series&TopCode=Hair_LightHold&prdcode=262
Its actually a pretty good product. It has the hold of a pomade without the waxyness to it. The add says its non-greasy, but thats not true. It does feel greasy once its applied. All in all, its a decent product and gives my hair a shiny, slicked look, like a pomade, but washes out alot easier.

Chad

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Personally I prefer the alternative Murray's, called NuNile. It has the same amount of control, but isn't quite as gum-like. I still use Murray's on special occassions, but for the regular every-day wear, I use Royal Crown hair dressing. It seems to keep my hair heavy and loose, less plastered in place like gel or Murray's.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I am growing fond of the Murrays Super Light stuff. It says it is super light but in general it works fine and keeps your hair in place with a nice shine and is much easier to use than the regular Murrays (the kind with the guy with the fro on the can)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points