Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portland Loungers -- A Question!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm trying to schedule a shoot with the photographer Craig Thomson at the end of the month. Unfortunately, neither of us know the area well at all.

I'm looking for a location in Portland that would work nicely for a retro-themed shoot. I hope I can find a good place; if not, the shoot won't happen.

Can I get some ideas from anyone familiar with the area?

Thank you! ;)

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Pittock Mansion
Crystal Ballroom - most of the McMenamins Pubs are old buildings; check out
their website www.mcmenamins.com
Train Station - Amtrack
Heathman Hotel - the lobby
Downtown Embassy Suites - the lobby

Those are some that I can think of off the top of my head.;)
.:Miss Melly:.

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
missmelly said:
Pittock Mansion
Crystal Ballroom - most of the McMenamins Pubs are old buildings; check out
their website www.mcmenamins.com
Train Station - Amtrack
Heathman Hotel - the lobby
Downtown Embassy Suites - the lobby

Those are some that I can think of off the top of my head.;)
.:Miss Melly:.

All of those are great locations, there are also a few spots down the gorge that could prove to work nicely. If you catch a time that it is not as busy for a bit more rustic look there is the lodge at Multnomah Falls. Then there is the Vista house at Crown Point. Either location will show a bit more of the northwest spirit than anything in the city. There also use to be a small 40's style diner out around Beaverton/Hillsboro (suburb of Portland). Oh then there is the Grand Lodge (another McMenamins location)

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
oh just thought of another there is the old drive in on 99 west. or the cameo theater. for any portlanders that have not gone down there it is a great place to see a movie. the drive in shows double features at less then the cost of a single movie at the normal movie houses in town. they even have a vintage snack bar and show some of the old classic cartoons and the like between and before movies.

www.99w.com

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Thank you for your help, everyone! The shoot with that particular photographer fell through, but I'm probably going to be working with him in the near future. I'm also planning on transferring to a school in the northwest next year, so I'd better bookmark this thread! :)

Travis

Suspended
gluegungeisha said:
Thank you for your help, everyone! The shoot with that particular photographer fell through, but I'm probably going to be working with him in the near future. I'm also planning on transferring to a school in the northwest next year, so I'd better bookmark this thread! :)

If you do end up moving out here, also keep an eye open in the events forums. We get together fairly regularly and the more, the merrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112