Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possibility to reblock a Christy's Adventurer?

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Hello,

I've got the questions, if it's possible for the hatters here in the forum to reblock a Christy's Adventurer. I love it so much, it's look just insane distressed, punshed, worn... But it also has got a lot of taper, especially in it's back.

As far as I know, the felt is thin. It feels really soft, that's what I can say. Is there a chance to reblock such a hat, with more straight sides, or would the felt just crack? At Christy's the hatblocks seems not to be very straight, as it arrives, new, the front and back had a little taper already.

Here are some photos, were you can see, what taper I'm speaking of. The brim is a little bit wet on the sides, decided to give it a new look.

What are you other guys think of the hat in general?

img0013mjgtwub9ac.jpg

img00140brg8ozd23.jpg

img001698acwdikl2.jpg

img0017h6pq1kmyjn.jpg

p.s. as far as I am living in germany, it sould not be too expensive with cargo, shipping back, customs and reblock.

Kind regards, arne

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Well...personally I don't mind a slight front and back taper. Sides are a different story, but I don't really think your hat looks particularly misshapen.

As far as the Christy's though, the problem is that the felt is just not very dense, so it tapers a lot when it gets wet. Everyone who has tried to reblock a Christy's hat on Club Obi Wan has ended up with a shrunken and tapered mess.

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Yes I heard that. I spoke to a german hatter, whos says, he wont block it, because of the thin felt. I don't give it a big chance. Best thing would be to have a Christy's Reblock Service.. It's just sad to see, that it tapers and tapers and nothing can be done. But it only costs 50€ (less $). Maybe I should just leave it this way and not buy it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points