Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Sweet find Moon! Makes me think of this...

2. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

I love that whole album

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

3. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

Great early Elton

4. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

Beautiful. Always wanted to see what the other Rosselini looked like especially in "Birch." NOS from Hats Plus? They refer to their model as the "Hudson" Rosselini. My Rosselini (with the teardrop crown) they refer to as the "Selkirk" Rosellini.

Michael R., Zombie_61 and FedOregon like this.
  5. Interesting pair!

6. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Moon, in 1979 I saw him at the Grand Ole Opry House when he was doing a two man tour with Ray Cooper. Cooper looked like a tweed wearing English professor, with round wire rim glasses that would be more comfortable in a front of a classroom chalkboard than the guy beating the literal hell out of the kettle drums he was standing behind. Cooper could also play any instrument on the stage, percussion or otherwise. They did a duet with John on the piano and Cooper playing the organ. I've never seen anything like it since. What a show.

Love that album.

7. Dlaniger

Dlaniger My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks .Got it and a couple of others from ebay. Worldhatmart4 ebay store. Take a look. I know you are one of the canadian biltmoreophiles.

Michael R., FedOregon and Bob Roberts like this.
  8. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

Will do D.

Michael R. likes this.
  9. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

That must have been amazing ... two masters
    Love them both

10. The first time I saw Elton John live was when he performed his "historic" concerts at Dodger Stadium in October of 1975--the first time a musical act performed there since The Beatles nine years earlier. I've seen him perform a few times since, and every show was worth the price and then some.

11. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Al, that had to be something. I've never been to an outdoor stadium show. When he and Biily Joel did their first tour together, I saw them in Atlanta at the Georgia dome. The great thing about the show at The Grand Ole Opry house is 2500 seats and not a bad one in the building.

12. Revenger

Revenger New in Town

I saw him at Bonnaroo in 2013. He put on an excellent show. I believe he was the last performer on the last night of the festival. Great way to end it.

13. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

First time I saw him was at Blossom Music Center in the rain. We sat in the lawn under a piece of plastic and I couldn't see diddly. He was wearing a straw boater and that's all I could make out. As far as I know they waved that hat around on a stick and played Elton albums all night.

I've seen him since, and he is a consummate performer.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

14. RomanImperator

RomanImperator One of the Regulars

Champ Featherweight I scored at a local antique shop for $20. Another 10 got me the original box. Box says Featherweight in Charcoal Gray. This must have been a higher model featherweight as it's dressier than my tan one which has the same box, sweat, name etc. Pics are after soaked it in naphtha and brushed. This is the best it would cleanup.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's possible neither has the exact box the hat was intended for. Although the tan one is clearly labeled size 7 Champ Featherweight, the box I got it in from an estate sale is labeled a 7 1/8 Polara in Black. The grey one is simply labeled 7 1/8 Champ but the box states 7 1/4 Featherweight in "Char Grey". Both brim widths are 2 1/4"

Thanks for letting me share my 2 Champ hats.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  15. RomanImperator

RomanImperator One of the Regulars

Also not a new hat, but a new green pugaree band on my 40's open weave panevent. I love this hat for casual or more semi formal hot weather wear.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

16. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

That one is a bit more dressy with the liner and ribbon. My Champ Featherweight has the plastic tip liner like your brown hat, but a triple folded pug in place of a crown ribbon. Sweet score at $20 + $10 for the hat and box!

That's a great example of the twisted weave I've seen in Cuenca, Ecuador. Wonderful addition with the pug!

17. moontheloon

moontheloon I'll Lock Up

very very nice Champ acquisitions

18. steur

steur

I'm a bit late with my comments, but these are two fantastic looking borsalino's. You did well there, Christophe.

Michael R. and Zombie_61 like this.
  19. steur

steur

Great finds, Justin. Very interesting looking hats.

20. steur

steur

Michael R., 40Cal and Zombie_61 like this.