Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. Steinbockhase

Steinbockhase A-List Customer

Impressive :)

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  2. ScionPI2005

ScionPI2005 Call Me a Cab

Here I am in the last hat I will probably buy from Byrnie Utz in Seattle: a Borsalino Alessandria. The brim is on the stingier side at 2”. Gorgeous felt and comfortable to wear. I’m ready for cooler temperatures so I can take it for a stroll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wyldkarma, steur, Bamaboots and 11 others like this.
  3. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

4. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

I rather like that look! But I am a huge fan of rolled brims.

Some absolutely beautiful acquisitions lately, everyone! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

A friend tipped me off on an old meerschaum pipe at a nearby antique shop. So, sigh, this was around the corner in the next aisle and I had to grab it too. Currently the only Adam in my collection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And after a good steaming:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the reason I went to the shop in the first place:

[​IMG]

6. Knotten

Knotten Practically Family

I have long wanted a Dobbs Cross Country. Thanks to lounger Miamibruno on eBay, I’ve got one. The felt is so soft and pliable. Can’t stop playing with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

It sure looks great on you, and the felt looks fabulous!

8. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Congrats, Jay. That @Miamibruno, he's an OK guy. Those CCs are great lightweight hats.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

9. Knotten

Knotten Practically Family

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I've gotten several hats now from @Miamibruno. Always good quality at a reasonable price. This light felt gives me something other than straw to wear as summer turns into fall.

10. Redfokker

Redfokker

Very nice Jay. I've wanted one of these myself. Saw this one, didn't want to risk stretching it to my size. Glad it stayed in the family.

Zombie_61 and drmaxtejeda like this.
  11. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Niiiice!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Redfokker and deadlyhandsome like this.
  12. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

It wouldn't have stretched to mine :(

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Redfokker likes this.
  13. steur

steur

Like the others have said, Jay: fantastic hat! Miamibruno had several good looking hats on the bay but none were my size (thank goodness!). Nice catch.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  14. ScottF

ScottF Call Me a Cab

New 'Boss of the Plains'. Higher crown and wider brim than my other one, but....still too small :( This one is a 7, the older is a Clear Nutria 7 1/8 but is more like a 7. Clear Nutria pics posted below for comparison. I'm very open to trades on either or both, for a 7 1/4-7 3/8 wide-brim old hat. The Nutria has been steamed and re-shaped, but shows the shadows of an old campaign crease and also has a hand-cut slit on either side of the brim, for the strap.

20180830_172443.jpg 20180830_171645.jpg 20180830_172600 2.jpg BOP-stetson stamp copy.jpg

15. steur

steur

Well, santa claus came early this year and he dropped a box full of goodies on my doorstep. The Holland-America hat exchange program has done its job (quite the opposite of a trade-war) and thanks to Mike @Redfokker there seems to be a steady stream of hats underway. This was one of them (I'm going alphabetically this time).
    Adam Feather-Lite in Chrome. Size 56 with the brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 10cm at the pinch. Mike had quite a bit of work done by Mike Miller on this one, because it was in a bit of a state. It was dirty and the sweatband just did not want to cooperate (so it was replaced). The liner or crown patch was missing. The liner is one I had made custom (inspired by Dogmans' efforts). It was worth it: it's a great hat. Not a very light feather though. Weighing in at 98 grams it's quite a bit heavier than the Champ Featherweight I'll post later.
    adam featherlite_1.jpg adam featherlite_2.jpg adam featherlite_3.jpg adam featherlite_4.jpg adam featherlite_5.jpg adam featherlite_6.jpg adam featherlite_7.jpg adam featherlite_8.jpg

16. ScottF

ScottF Call Me a Cab

heckuva liner!!!

17. steur

steur

Very cool hat, Scott. Loads of character.

Zombie_61 and Redfokker like this.
  18. steur

steur

Thanks, Scott!

Redfokker likes this.
  19. steur

steur

Second one is a very interesting piece. Arlesia in brown. Judging by its fit a size 57 with a brim at 6cm and a crown at 10,5cm at the pinch (if it had one). It is in fact a lords hat in brown and in woolfelt. First one I've seen, ever. French make and pre-war. I'm guessing early thirties, but could well be earlier. The basting stitches are still in, but the sweatband is toast and will crumble just by looking at it. The brim holds its shape very well and has an excellent curve, but the crown is not nearly as stiff and the felt is quite rough to the touch.
    arlesia_1.jpg arlesia_2.jpg arlesia_3.jpg arlesia_4.jpg arlesia_5.jpg arlesia_6.jpg arlesia_7.jpg arlesia_9.jpg

20. splintercellsz

splintercellsz I'll Lock Up

my oh my

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Zombie_61, Redfokker and AbbaDatDeHat like this.