Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. DaveProc

DaveProc My Mail is Forwarded Here

I don't know why, but I am in love with this hat. Too bad it isn't two sizes larger!!

Steve1857 and Blare like this.
  2. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Dave, Thank you!

Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  3. Vita-Felt Process The Madison. The open crown is approximately 5 5/8” and the Mode Edge brim is 2 3/4” wide. I’m guessing early 1940s.

3C4DBC11-6304-460B-A28E-F11C1364EAAF.jpeg 8A844B43-9AAF-4B85-A8AF-351905BA83C5.jpeg 695530AF-28DF-4C5A-BDDA-7D6F47166E43.jpeg B188441D-FD3D-41EB-B1C5-507AF2F52077.jpeg

More in the Vita-Felt thread.

4. Steve1857

Steve1857 I'll Lock Up

Two great looking hats, Brent. Love the colour of the Stetson. Unusual and interesting features.

Love the classic 1940s look of the Madison.

Both my size btw ;-)

Blare likes this.
  5. steur

steur

A nice find, Marcel. I like these proportions, but then I am two sizes smaller than you.

Well, that's certainly a first: a brim binding made of felt! Cool looking hat, Brent.

hatsRme, Blare, Steve1857 and 2 others like this.
  6. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

So...like a bound brim but the binding is felt?

Zombie_61, Blare, Steve1857 and 2 others like this.
  7. steur

steur

8. steur

steur

Went for a bit of shopping this week and actually found two nice hats, even though the vintage hat season hasn't started yet. First one.
    Wegener Super homburg in a mid to dark grey. Colour is called "glatz" on the label. Size 59 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. These "Super" designated Wegener hats have a lovely hand to the felt, but are a bit "springy", that is, they tend to spring back to their form and are not easily persuaded to take just any shape. The felt is quite thin, although the hat isn't that lightweight at 137 grams. Always happy to find a larger sized hat in another colour than black.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. steur

steur

And number two.
    Mayser Libelle in a size 56. Bound brim at 6,5cm and the crown sits at 11cm at the center dent. The way the flange is shaped I'm guessing this was meant to be worn brim up or in the "camber" style it has now. When Steve @mayserwegener posted his "Libelle" labelled Mayser hats last week I could not recall having ever seen it (that or I just have poor memory), so I was quite surprised to find this one. Libelle may refer to the weight of the hat even though it's not extremely lightweight at 105 grams.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

In the find, there were some hats in the vendor's photographs that I thought I recognized
    Cambiaghi 3.jpg
    This was one of them. "Giuseppe Cambiaghi" size 57 centimeters
    Cambiaghi interno totale.jpg
    Like the others, new/old stock, it comes from the warehouses of tiny hat shops and, however, has the defect of having the sweatband cracked in two places.
    Cambiaghi 2.jpg
    This year I found two magnificent hats from this Monza manufacturer that went to make some Nordic Europeans happy.
    Cambiaghi 4.jpg
    I was hoping this was some size close to mine instead it is a 57 and completely different in shape from the two found previously.
    Cambiaghi Marchio.jpg
    Cambiaghi Cambiaghi Marocchino.jpg
    The black felt is of sublime quality and as always in these hats there is some wool in the composition of the felt.
    Also this like the "Tirso" has not very generous measures in the brim, but it was the fashion of that time
    Cambiaghi 1.jpg
    This beauty has the following measures: the raw brims are 5 cm and facing upwards, the ribbon is 4.5 cm. and the crown at its lowest point is at 11 centimeters.
    Another candidate to the rare find branch

11. steur

steur

The Italian Orphans enter the field with a strong line-up, Daniele. Very cool finds.

Zombie_61, Blare and Steve1857 like this.
  12. Not sure what to do with this. I had some plans, but it’s smaller than what the seller’s measurements led me to believe:

A6691D55-A8DC-4E6A-8475-8ED54B4CCACE.jpeg 8D5B7A7A-B9C8-4A31-936D-73C6E2689E25.jpeg FE21CE07-6AB8-46E3-B5CD-E3815A3A9D17.jpeg 187FA8C0-501A-4624-84A1-68C56C4F1765.jpeg 392D498E-4882-4F1A-8372-D821EFE67DEE.jpeg C1F1D862-8E00-4E66-91B4-50E996855CCB.jpeg 5ECB95C7-54D2-473A-B1EB-C8F184AF3A46.jpeg C75B5470-F4F5-4C1F-A34A-F1B853C2CB9C.jpeg

13. Exactly! A perfect way to describe it. Have you seen another?

Zombie_61, Blare, Frunobulax and 2 others like this.
  14. steur

steur

Zombie_61, Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  15. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

This Panizza is, for me, a rarity
    Panizza Oro interno totale.jpg
    The reason is that I have never found a hat from the house on Lake Maggiore marked "Marca Oro"
    Panizza Oro 3.jpg
    It is a hat from the magnificent part of the Panizza production that was affected more than the other producers in the 1970s by the end of the golden years of Italian hats
    Panizza Oro 5.jpg
    This has a great felt called "Edelweis" as color on the paper label which has very little to do with the actual color of the felt
    Panizza Oro 6.jpg
    What is great is the ribbon made of the same carved felt as specified on the paper label.
    Felt has this hardly yieldable color due to its continuous change in the light of the pale and sunny yellow September.
    Panizza Oro 1.jpg
    In the photographs, almost all of them, it is very close to its exact shade which is a brown that goes towards an intense yellow.
    Panizza Oro 4.jpg The measurements are as follows: the brims with a with a tiny seam are at 6 centimeters, the ribbon is the same color as the felt and the crown at its lowest point is 10.5 centimeters.
    Panizza Oro Marca Oro.jpg
    The "Marca Oro" has been magically preserved

16. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Zombie_61, Rumad, Blare and 3 others like this.

17. Thanks, Bowen. It’s a great felt that is unlike any of the other vintage felt I’ve handled. It needs to find a new home with someone who appreciates it, but I think it’s a size or two too small for you. Someone is going to be very happy to get this hat.

18. steur

steur

Fantastic! What a find!

Blare and Daniele Tanto like this.
  19. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

I’m still a 1/8-1/4 unless i get excited then...oh nvm.
    Vita-Felt is a strange animal to me. Of the 4 i have each one is different in the hand.
    Odd the variability for such a short production run of @ 42’-47’, i believe.
    Your Madison presents as the thin dense moldable variety we all love to pet.
    Ymmv
    B

20. I thought from that Churchill 50 in 7 3/8 that went from me to an intermediary then to you that you were in the 7 1/4 to 7 3/8 range.

Blare and AbbaDatDeHat like this.