Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Your Worn-In Jackets, Let's See That Grain and Patina!

pawineguy

One Too Many
To finally get this started, my Russet Sheene Vincenza which I had posted in a previous thread. It's only a year old, but I think we can use this thread to show how our jackets are evolving short term or display the patina on one that's had decades of service. We may start with some duplication from other threads, but we can build this into a nice repository of grain, folds, wrinkles and patina.

NOTE: I think it would be good to include the make / model / leather / age (if known) of your jacket when you post.

IMG_0383.jpg IMG_0385.jpg IMG_0386.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Chris, I am going to have to say some of the nicest grain I have seen on any of mine is this Aero Bronco A-2 that I just sent you. And these are your pictures you just took yesterday or today as my IPhone camera is not capable of pics of this quality. I think this jacket is ~ six years old. The lining and knits show minimal wear, attesting to Aero's materials.

36342-9a6d08d322ad22f1b4bafb299fb51377.jpg 36343-9aacfbf641e6c3356734051a44a66501.jpg 36344-542a42fd8c894df491a97d3ddef35f18.jpg

technovox

One Too Many
Great idea- But are we focusing on jackets in which we are the original owners? Or any jackets in our possession that have substantial grain and patina?

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great idea- But are we focusing on jackets in which we are the original owners? Or any jackets in our possession that have substantial grain and patina?

Anything you own! From newer jackets that are evolving well to older thrift shop or eBay buys that happen to look fantastic.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
That Enfield is incredible. The rest are great as well, just really love that sort of jacket!

Damn, the Cal jacket is nice! I think I remember it from eBay?

And that HWM is a work of art. Frame it, Dav!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
New to the Lounge - this thread is a good start to introduce some of my jackets. Based on the topic, I selected a small assortment for visual review. Not the best images but the subjects need no introduction. The 'sleeves' images consist of some ebay finds (Nates, Kale, Advanced Uniform) and a Passaic (far left) that I purchased new on ebay 14 years ago. I thru in a few images of my vintage Vanson Enfield purchased new over 20 years ago. The last image is of the forth Nates in the first image showing the back - the character and patina on this jacket is amazing. Enjoy!

Attachments

• sleves-3.jpg
    sleves-3.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 321
  • sleeves-4.jpg
    sleeves-4.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 337
  • enfield-1.jpg
    enfield-1.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 333
  • enfield-3.jpg
    enfield-3.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 333
  • nates-back.jpg
    nates-back.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 329

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
To finally get this started, my Russet Sheene Vincenza which I had posted in a previous thread. It's only a year old, but I think we can use this thread to show how our jackets are evolving short term or display the patina on one that's had decades of service. We may start with some duplication from other threads, but we can build this into a nice repository of grain, folds, wrinkles and patina.

NOTE: I think it would be good to include the make / model / leather / age (if known) of your jacket when you post.

View attachment 43602 View attachment 43603 View attachment 43604

Hey Pawine,

Nice evolution of your Vincenza. It looks quite dark for the Russet though. I thought the russet has a lot more of the red orange tones... Is that not the case or does the Russet hide just loses those undertones and become more Seal brown over time??

Thanks

New to the Lounge - this thread is a good start to introduce some of my jackets. Based on the topic, I selected a small assortment for visual review. Not the best images but the subjects need no introduction. The 'sleeves' images consist of some ebay finds (Nates, Kale, Advanced Uniform) and a Passaic (far left) that I purchased new on ebay 14 years ago. I thru in a few images of my vintage Vanson Enfield purchased new over 20 years ago. The last image is of the forth Nates in the first image showing the back - the character and patina on this jacket is amazing. Enjoy!

These are all very wonderful but you gotta love how Vanson refuses to show aging even after this many years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk