Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting Pictures

pauleway

Practically Family
OK - I have tried numerous times and spent way too much time trying to post some pics of my new jacket. If anyone can help a not to savvy computer user out I would be grateful!

Peacoat

Bartender
First of all you need a third party hosting account, such as Photobucket. With Photobucket it is easy.

Upload the photograph you want to post here to Photobucket. Then hover over the picture with your cursor and several codes will appear below the picture. You want the Img code.Click on the code (that is all you have to do with a Mac) and the Img code is saved to your computer. Then go to the message, put your cursor where you want the picture to appear. Do a command click ( with Windows it is control click), and the code magically appears. Go Advanced to make sure the picture is what you want, and you are set.

If you use a service other than Photobucket, it is more complicated. Scotrace has posted a very detailed procedure for downloading pictures using the longer method. It is posted in a sticky at the very top of the Outerwear first page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk