Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre- WW2 Wool A-1 Spearhead Militaria

Edward

Bartender
I've seen that one myself - not in person, on their eBay store, I mean. Nice looking jacket. I was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that none of the originals were wool, but either way I do think this would look great as part of a thirties civilian outfit.

Nachtengel01

New in Town
Hey Gang,

While looking for something completely different, I stumbled onto this really cool wool A-1. Described as a pre-war jacket.

http://collectibles.shop.ebay.com/M...ln=1&_ssn=barrylyndon28&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

Pretty Cool! So far I've only order their US Army Camo HBTs but they were nice.

Clint

Hey clint, i can tell you that you won't be deceived with Spearhead jackets and coats if you aren't looking for an original garnment but something close to it. I did buy a leather jacket from them and i am very happy with it as it is very beautiful and nice to wear. You should give them a chance and see.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
A couple of months ago, a guy over on VLJ bought a Spearhead A-1 and reviewed it. As I remember, he was impressed with the quality of the jacket, especially considering the low price. From what I can tell, it isn't a 100% spot-on reproduction, but it is very close. And there was a fair amount of variation between the different models of A-1 type jackets, anyhow.

I almost bought a Spearhead A-1 this past spring but didn't. I just have too dang many flight jackets, now, and I don't wear the A-1 I've got as often I should.

AF

Edward

Bartender
It would be interesting to see one of those A2s aged naturally.... I'm not so sure we can really blame a jacket for not standing up to that sort of hot water treatment. After all, they were never designed for that. The sizing issue woyld be the big concern for me - always a risk buying at a distance, but especially so with a product that is less of a known quantity. The big plus of the popularity of Aero, ELC, etc in these parts is that there's always someone can advise you as to the actual sizing / measurements / fit used.

Nachtengel01

New in Town

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
I really debating one now... I wish I could justify the Buzz Rickson you posted a while back... but I want a real jacket that can be abused and at $100 (with shipping) I won't mind wearing and getting dirty!!

Clint

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The leather a-1 looks good too.

Edit - Eesh! Just saw that review!

I bought that second jacket off him, and it's actually a very nice jacket. The issues highlighted in the original review seem to have been caused by putting through the washer and dryer. After putting leather conditioner on it, those little scuffs cleared up for the most part and the staining to the liner, well, it's barely noticable. With actual wear, the leather is softening up nicely. Would I pay the original tag price on it? Probably not, but that's more me being cheap than a reflection on the quality. I'm thrilled with the jacket and can't wait to get it thoroughly battered.

IMG_6121.jpg

DSCF4046.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto