Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Primary Season for Customs . . .

mingoslim

Practically Family
Just thought I would do a little survey . . .

We all know the big guns . . . Borsalino, Stetson, Resistol, Bailey, Akubra . . . and regularly see reviews on their products.

And a lot of us have invested in custom hats from AB, Art Fawcett, Optimo or others . . .

So I would be interested in seeing who gets the top prize . . . But before I start a poll, I figure I would give you all a chance for a little input . . .

Who would you like to see in our Custom Primary

I would suggest:

VS by Art Fawcett
Optimo
AdventureBuilt

Who else?

Batsakes/Gus Miller?
Jimmy Pierce?
Mike Moore?

Or how about the made to order companies? Not truly custom, but certainly worthy of consideration . . .

Beaver Brands
Camptown

Any thoughts?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I would add Peters Bros.!

But VS is definitely at the top of my list!
I will experience Major Moore's work by mid summer hopefully, but not for a fedora, a slouch hat !:D

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Based on the only 'hands on' experience I have with the listed hatters, I would have to to go with Adventurebilt. Fine, fine product!

Regards, Andy

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Mingo based on the information about the hatters available, the examples of their art form pardon the pun, your list looks just about right to me.

VS by Art Fawcett
Optimo
AdventureBuilt
Batsakes/Gus Miller

as for the others there have not been enough examples to justify their nomination in my opinion.
I expect that you are only looking for hatters that concentrate their efforts on Fedoras. There are many fine western hatters like John of Rocky Mtn. that builds an excellent hat or Lenny at Standard Hat Works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk