Product branding, Alley Kat

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Cane Rod Maker, Dec 19, 2017.

1. I just want to share my trademark proof with everyone. All hats comissioned in 2018, will have the Official Alley Kat, branding. This is a tip only, just placed into a crown for a photo. Hoping for some good positive feedback. Thank you for looking, for liking and making a comment.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

I like it. Looks very Art Deco to me. Clean, simple, easily identified form a distance. I think you have a winner there.
    Johnny

3. I appreciate every spoken word, Johnny. Thank you.

Zombie_61, Redfokker and johnnycanuck like this.
  4. RJR

RJR

Nice.

5. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

+1 to Johnny's comment. Next batch surround the trademark in the outline of a fedora. The "fedora tip" in a fedora might look clever. Colors - yes!

6. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Looks great. And very distinctive, which is important, imho.

7. Redfokker

Redfokker

+1

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  8. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like the logo, even if a little too much, focused on the lettering.
    It makes me smile you thought to use an Italian expression "Qualità Superiore" typical of Borsalino on the day of the declaration of its bankruptcy.
    Who knows, we hope it is a sign of good fortune

9. On this one there will be piping going around the liner seam, at the tip. And I am leaning toward Gray, for the piping. I might Two tone, and build the black tip, onto a white side wall. Any thoughts on that appreciated ??
    Thanks!! Tim

Zombie_61 likes this.
  10. Daniele, I appreciate the words. My mother's family, came from Italy. I remember as a boy, being at the homestead, not much English was being spoken. I remember some dapper gentlemen, friends of my Uncle, would come to gather. So, I thought about things of that nature, as I was thinking through on the project. I'm a blended fellow, so to say. Have a nice evening!

Zombie_61 likes this.
  11. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Panache.

I like it. I like the dark color, too.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Zombie_61, Cane Rod Maker and Rogera like this.
  12. I like it. Simple, elegant, and very legible.

Cane Rod Maker likes this.
  13. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

Oh yes! I had thought, almost understood that there was something Italian about choosing your logo.
    I just have to wish you the best for your business that I hope will be thriving and full of satisfactions.
    Remember to show your hats always to your potential clients
    Which side of Italy did your mother's family come from?

Zombie_61 and Cane Rod Maker like this.
  14. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Hey Tim; Piping in a subtle gray sounds sharp. I like that you are avoiding cliches in hat logos. Simplicity, memorable and engaging re goals for logos in general. Company/product identity should be simple and easy in order to stand the test of time. Perhaps an Alley Cat wearing a fedora that surrounds the logo or a fedora of sorts by the banner. I believe that I am looking for an memorable, dinstinctive image to accompany the classy script. My original suggestion for hats using only a tip (sewn partial liner to inside crown) is a better example of product showing less is more. Just thoughts this morning over coffee.:)

As a frequent hat wearer I appreciate the liners. The finishing touch. Liners as the finishing touch of a hat should represent the motivation of the consumer/craftsman colaboration. It would be the situation which would produce the idea for the liner. If the liners are all the same then the hat carries the lone burden of being special.

I hope I contributed. Best, Eric -

15. Preacher Man

Preacher Man A-List Customer

Fabulous design Tim! I like it. I like simply stated elegance, it never goes out of style, it always speaks well of itself, its part of what makes the whole picture and experience of the finished product come together into one blended masterpiece and that speaks of the heart and soul of both the maker and the owner/wearer. Yep, I like it a lot!

16. 1mach1

1mach1

Looks nice Tim!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

17. Eric, I appreciate the thought you've given in you response. Much good thought put here, and with a few things for me to explore in the near future. I'm glad, the initial liner logo is feeling proper, to everyone. Thanks Eric! Definitely absorbing everyone's words on what is, a very important deal, to me.
    Best - Tim

18. Blackthorn

Blackthorn I'll Lock Up

I like it!

19. hatsRme

hatsRme

In a word... WOW, Tim! That's a solidly elegant, distinct graphic to my eyes. And, as Eric pointed out, that is the goal of a logo... to leave an impression on the mind's eye, too. Conservative gray piping wouldn't detract, but would accentuate the focal point IMHO. CLASSY, too!!

20. Wesslyn

Wesslyn Practically Family

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said.
    Looks great!