Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Publisher Wants Out of Print Regional/Local Books

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I decided to post this in the Observation Bar so that I'd get a larger audience, but bartenders, if you feel it needs to be moved to the Reading Thread, by all means, go ahead. :)

My publisher, The History Press, (which was bought by Arcadia Publishing this year) just put out a call for out-of-print books of local and regional importance.

Here's their blurb:

Arcadia Publishing and The History Press need your help!

We are launching a new project focused on popular local and regional books which are out of print.

Does your museum or historical society have a favorite 1950s recipe book from your town that would still see demand? Is there a narrative-based history in your library that would find a new audience today? We are interested in exploring ANY content that is local and regional, to include traditional history books, cookbooks, oral histories, children’s books, and more.

Please write to us at backinprint@arcadiapublishing.com to tell us about books in your collection that may be a fit for this project.

We look forward to hearing from you!

ARCADIA PUBLISHING and THE HISTORY PRESS

Here's their website for those interested: https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/Home

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When they say cookbooks, do they mean those sorts of books that used to be put out by the Rebekahs or the Grange -- not commercial projects per se, but locally gathered, printed, and sold? Or books that were actually published for distribution to the trade on a regional basis?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
When they say cookbooks, do they mean those sorts of books that used to be put out by the Rebekahs or the Grange -- not commercial projects per se, but locally gathered, printed, and sold? Or books that were actually published for distribution to the trade on a regional basis?

I'm not sure, Lizzie. Might be worth emailing them to find out. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112