Purchases without regrets?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by sal, Jan 30, 2013.

1. sal

sal One of the Regulars

There are always times where we make a purchase and have regrets, but mostly I have learned to spend more and get quality. What about those that you spent the extra but have no regrets?

For me
    1969 Chevelle convertible (later sold but no regrets)
    Sako Finbear
    Armani Tux (tails)
    Allen Edmonds wing tips
    BMW 1150RT

There are more but you get the idea.

2. Isshinryu101

Isshinryu101 One Too Many

Had 3 kids. Cost a H@LL of a lotta money, but worth every penny!

3. Edward

Edward Bartender

No regrets at all?

Every fedora I've ever owned, almost every leather jacket, my Fenders, my flat. Those are the biggies off the top of my head.

4. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I’ll Lock Up.

I never regret anything I have paid for along the course of life. I do regret, selling them! lol!

5. Lately much of what I have bought in the last 4 years - especially electronics has offered nothing but regrets.

6. TallCrownDave

TallCrownDave New in Town

I would put my Red Wing Iron Rangers in this category.

Dave

7. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

Vintage typewriter.

I could've paid $15 for a cheap postwar model. I paid slightly over for a prewar working vintage. I have no regrets. Every other typewriter in that price-range was a junker. This one wasn't.

8. HarpPlayerGene

HarpPlayerGene I'll Lock Up

I've only regretted the purchase of contemporary/modern items. A thing that was shaped like a blender but didn't have enough copper wound around the armature inside to whip its way out of a paper bag. Just one example, of many, from our manufacturing friends to the East. I call these items "props".

So, I finally caught-wise. Haven't "paid extra" for anything (quite the contrary) but I sure have had some great luck scoring high-quality, nicely styled vintage items. Regret isn't anywhere on the radar, but I sure do have a lot of appreciation and gratitude.

9. The Wiser Hatter

The Wiser Hatter I'll Lock Up

Every purchase is a learning experience and I never regret learning something so I never regret purchasing something. I just remember not to purchase it again.:)

10. splintercellsz

splintercellsz I'll Lock Up

I only purchase items that I know I will enjoy, and not have any regrets over!

11. Mr. Garrulus

Mr. Garrulus One of the Regulars

It's the same for me but sometimes I regret that I don't purchase something just because I don't have any ideas how to use them only to later to come up with ideas.

12. sal

sal One of the Regulars

Dave,
    I like to hear that as I have a pair ordered ;)

13. HarpPlayerGene

HarpPlayerGene I'll Lock Up

Well, now, that reminds me: In my early days of thrifting I once passed up an old Burberry trench (for $8, think it was!) because I hadn't yet learned enough to know what a score that would've been. Did end up getting a great '40s Aquascutum number though, later in the game.

14. javadave

javadave New in Town

Omega Aqua Terra (white with blue hands) = cured my watch search
    Allen Edmond Walnut Strand = introduced me to the world of quality footwear
    Saddleback Leather Briefcase = Lifetime and bulletproof
    Marvin Gaye CD = my beautiful daughter :)

15. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

I've gotten several garments over the years that wound up not quite fitting. Those were definite regrets, but ones that I don't kick myself over too much. But I did get a beautiful German made suit from a fellow Lounger recently. The waist is a little snug (Ha. A little) and doesn't have any material to let it out. But I've vowed to lose the weight to be able to get those trousers to fit, so I absolutely have no regrets about purchasing the suit.

16. Rick Blaine

Rick Blaine My Mail is Forwarded Here

1966 Renault Dauphine

[​IMG] :eusa_doh:

17. A am hoping to be able to buy shoes without regrets. I lost some weight and my feet are not as wide as they were. (Funny how that works) So now i have several Oxford Saddle shoes that i love but can't wear comfortably.