Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purchasing a Jacket That Smells

Edward

Bartender
Body heat definitely can have that effect. Years ago, I had a pair of cotton gloves I wore a lot in Summer. Put them on one day when away from home for work, couldn't figure out why there was a slightly... off smell. Soon discovered the darned cat had peed on them (Greta likes to make clear her displeasure when I go away for work trips), and they were whiffing of cat pee. Fortunately a quick run in the washing machine dealt with that.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Body heat definitely can have that effect. Years ago, I had a pair of cotton gloves I wore a lot in Summer. Put them on one day when away from home for work, couldn't figure out why there was a slightly... off smell. Soon discovered the darned cat had peed on them (Greta likes to make clear her displeasure when I go away for work trips), and they were whiffing of cat pee. Fortunately a quick run in the washing machine dealt with that.
Darn cat, can't help but love them though, lol

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Darn cat, can't help but love them though, lol. I've been warned to never leave a leather product in the area of a four legged family member; it usually doesn't end well.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I once ordered a MTM Wested lamb jacket and one of the deadstock WWII canvas bags… over the day or so of travel in the same DHL bag, the jacket had absorbed the smell of the musty 80 year old canvas. It continued to smell of it even after the bag had lost it from regular use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashone