Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Q1 2015 Jackets 4 of 5 - Aero A-2 (44") "Burmah Bridge Busters"

Plumbline

One Too Many
Another one I had been after for a while ...

This was a limited run in the mid 2000's I believe and I swithered at the time as to wether to get one new and never did. This came up on ebay from a guy in Dorset and I jumped on it. I had AL fit my nametag and I was good to go. The "bars" don't bother me really but I appreciate they may upset some military folks .. for that appologies but to remove them would leave little holes all over my eppaulettes :D

The leather applique squadron patches are AWESOME and the squadron has real meaning for me as my grandfather served with these guys in India ( he was based in India and Ceylon through the war ...... he had lots of stories and reckoned these were the most destructive bombers of the war with a hit rate second to none !!!!! )

In any case I know the patched up A-2 feels a bit 80's to many ... but I LOVE IT :D

With regards to fit .. while I appreciate the view on her (as always) I DONT NEED FIT ADVICE .. I know what I like and I know what fits me .... this fits me and I like it :D

Any way on the basis that a picture paints a thousand words .. I thought you guys would like to see it

A-2 BBB -1.jpg A-2 BBB -2.jpg A-2 BBB -3.jpg A-2 BBB -4.jpg A-2 BBB -5.jpg A-2 BBB -6.jpg A-2 BBB -7.jpg A-2 BBB -8.jpg A-2 BBB -9.jpg A-2 BBB -10.jpg

Brettafett

One Too Many
Looking good! Have you worn it much since you bought it? Still looks pretty 'new'. Wear it proudly.

A-1

One Too Many
Hey PL, I know you don’t wanna hear it, but the fit is perfect!
Great looking jacket and I like the patches.

thor

One Too Many
image.jpg
This might look good on the back (leather Burmese blood chit), if you were looking to add anything to the back. Sometimes "less is more" and not everyone wants a completely patched up A-2 (too "Top Gun" I suppose).
Good looking jacket as-is!

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Not sure about leather blood-chit but a silk one in the inside lining would perhaps be a fine addition methinks ..... hmmmmm ........ :D

Otter

One Too Many
View attachment 27366
This might look good on the back (leather Burmese blood chit), if you were looking to add anything to the back. Sometimes "less is more" and not everyone wants a completely patched up A-2 (too "Top Gun" I suppose).
Good looking jacket as-is!

That on the back and the Chinese silk chit inside the jacket were part of the set. You have the squadron patch, CBI shield and 10th AF shoulder patch.

Plumbline

One Too Many
That on the back and the Chinese silk chit inside the jacket were part of the set. You have the squadron patch, CBI shield and 10th AF shoulder patch.

I have a chinese blood chit from the pacific theatre whick I bought about 10 years ago on cotton ..... which would marry quite well with the cotton lining .... not that bothered about the Burmah leather one .... but I think I may sew in the cotton chinese one into the lining to finish this off :)

Cheers guys ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana